• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Doschadis, Ridenour honored on academic team

From News at State

11/21/2005

Doschadis, Ridenour honored on academic team

South Dakota State volleyball players Sara Doschadis and Minette Ridenour have been honored for their work in the classroom by being named to the 16-member Division I Independent Volleyball All-Academic Team.

Doschadis, a senior from Champlin, Minn., made the team with a 3.885 grade-point average in early childhood education. She ranks third on the team with 221 digs and is fifth on the squad with 20 service aces.

Ridenour, a junior from Council Bluffs, Iowa, was selected with a 3.398 GPA in biology. She went over the 1,000 career-kill mark at the Division I Independent Volleyball Championships on Nov. 11, and currently ranks second on the squad in both kills (432) and digs (374) this season, while posting a team-high 20 double-doubles.

Selections were made by sports information directors representing the eight Division I volleyball independents.

The Jackrabbits, 16-17 overall, close out the 2005 season this weekend at the Baden Thanksgiving Tournament in Long Beach, Calif. SDSU will face 24th-ranked Long Beach State, 23-5 overall, at 1:30 p.m. Pacific Time (3:30 p.m. Central) on Friday, before meeting UC Santa Barbara, 18-8 overall, at 5 p.m Pacific Time (7 p.m. Central) on Saturday.

Working...
X