Perspective

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Perspective

Our "friends" from UNO have enjoyed taking shots at some of our blow-out losses in FB and MBB over the past couple of years. And this doesn't apply directly to either so that's why it's in the Other section. But consider this, we made the jump to DI and lost some games pretty bad last year, and a couple this year. How do you think fans of established programs like Colorado and UCLA feel after their teams got beat 70-3 and 66-19 in what were their biggest games of the season. It's not like they're playing with unequal scholarship numbers as Texas and USC (OK, maybe Colorado is still on probation for something). The fact is no matter how bad one of our teams get beat there are always established programs getting beat just as bad or worse by their peer schools. I saw that Colorado/Texas score on Saturday and thought that there's no score that has been or could be put on our teams last year or this year that would make me feel as bad as those Colorado fans, players and coaches felt on Saturday.

So, people can take all the shots they want at us after a bad loss, but there's always someone getting it worse than us.
    I updated my signature for the first time in six years.

Re: Perspective

Well said, Catchemall, and these scores were put up against long established schools. I think we all forget sometimes that this is our 2ND year in our transition to DI athletics. Its hard to be patient through the process, but we need to look at the big picture from time to time.

Also, those scores ended up 70-3 and 66-19, but either Texas or USC could have scored close to 100 if they had wanted to. Texas didn't score in the 4th quarter, and USC pulled all their starters for the 4th.

Comment

Re: Perspective

Speaking of blow-outs... what was the score of usd/uno game again?

Comment

Working...
      X