• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Northwestern junior volleyball player declares for

Posted on Sat, Dec. 10, 2005
    American News Sports Staff

http://www.aberdeennews.com/mld/aber...s/13376286.htm

Northwestern junior volleyball player declares for SDSU

Northwestern's Amy Clemensen agreed to attend South Dakota State University and play volleyball beginning in the 2007-08 season. The Jackrabbits participate in NCAA Division I.

A 6-foot junior middle hitter, Clemensen was named to the first team All-State squad as the Wildcats won their third consecutive State B title. A two-year starter, Clemensen recorded 256 kills, 53 ace serves, 227 digs and 59 blocks this season.

"I always wanted to go to SDSU," Clemensen said. "I would probably go there even if volleyball wasn't what I wanted to do. I like the coaches there and I like the college."

Clemensen is currently playing basketball for Northwestern. She injured a shoulder last season during basketball and had to have surgery. Clemensen rehabilitated the shoulder and returned to the Wildcat volleyball lineup this fall stronger than ever. Clemensen received All-Lake Region Conference honors to go along with being selected to the all-tournament team.

"This is tremendously exciting," said Northwestern volleyball coach Nora Groft. "When athletes go on and play in college it means that they've enjoyed their high school experience so much that they want to continue. They have the drive to succeed and go beyond what they achieved in high school. She's worked so hard already and is challenging herself to go to a Division I school.

"We're just a little "B" school. This is as good as it gets."

Re: Northwestern junior volleyball player declares

Originally posted by Kid Dakota
    "I always wanted to go to SDSU," Clemensen said. "I would probably go there even if volleyball wasn't what I wanted to do. I like the coaches there and I like the college."
    Sounds like me when I was 17 and deciding where to go to school. I also like the last quote by the coach and the expectation that DI is for those who want to challenge themselves with/against the best.
    We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Working...
    X