Clear All

• New Dairy Plant

Highlights from the Aberdeen American News:

http://www.aberdeennews.com/mld/aber...s/13594771.htm

Nursing, dairy bills introduced

JOE KAFKA
    Associated Press

PIERRE, S.D.

. . . SDSU wants to build a new dairy plant at Brookings. The legislation would allow the Board of Regents to go ahead with the plant, using up to $4 million in private donations and grants. An additional $114,000 in grants would be used to construct a manure separator at the SDSU Agricultural Experiment Station. . . .

I see another project where the legislature only has to ok the project and won't need to provide any funding.

Go State! ;D

Re: New Dairy Plant

I see another project where the legislature only has to ok the project and won't need to provide any funding.
    For some reason this annoys me. It's like the state legislature needs a reason to feel important. Maybe it will remind them that they already have 6 universities that could use some money.

Comment

Re: New Dairy Plant

Originally posted by SD-STATE

For some reason this annoys me. It's like the state legislature needs a reason to feel important. Maybe it will remind them that they already have 6 universities that could use some money.
      Perhaps. But on the other hand, I'd direct your attention to the third word in our favorite university's name. That word defines what entity controls the institution.

The alternative is to come up with a half a billion dollars or more and take the school private.
      "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Working...
      X