First Pitch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• First Pitch

Baseball season starts this week and just like last year the Rabbits will start their season in the state of Kansas.  This year we start with Kansas State.  The weather forcast calls for highs in the low 70s both days and it just so happens that I will be in Manhattan on business so I will give everyone a report when I get back.  Funny how these things work out, isn't it? 

Go Jackrabbits!  ;D

Re: First Pitch

http://www.gojacks.com/

Jacks open baseball season Tuesday

The South Dakota State University baseball team will open the 2006 season Tuesday with a game at Kansas State.

First pitch is set for 3 p.m. in Manhattan, Kan. The two teams will conclude their two-game series with another 3 p.m. game on Wednesday, March 1.

The Jackrabbits, 17-38 a year ago, also have series scheduled at Saint Louis (March 3-5), Southern Illinois (March 7-8 ) and Southeast Missouri State (March 10-12) on their Spring Break trip.

Go Jackrabbits!  ;D

Comment

K-State has already played some games. The Wildcats beat Purdue on Sunday 9-3 and now K-State is 3-1 on the young season. Here is a link to their web-site:

http://www.kstatesports.com/ViewArti...;ATCLID=243590

Go Jackrabbits! ;D

Comment

I just came from the 'barn' where some of our SDSU Jackrabbit baseball players were working out, some hitting up in the cages, and some of the pitchers playing catch on the main floor. What an adjustment for these student athletes to have to get ready to play other teams who have already played games, and we are still practicing indoors. I wish them the best, but know they will only improve as the season goes along.

Comment

Brad and Scottie reported on the Sportsshow that the Saint Louis series is being webcast on the Bilikens website. Go Rabbits.

Comment

This should be an interesting year for the rabbit baseball team. Now that Coach has had over a year to recruit and bring in some of his players. It'll be tough to replace 80% of the innings pitched though. Good Luck Rabbits!

Comment

On the K-State web site it has the Jacks leading 5-4 at the end of the 7th. Is it only a seven inning game? If so, congrats to the Jacks on the win. If they are going 9 innings, I predict a 10-4 final score.

Comment

Jacks lost 6-5.
                "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Although the Rabbits lost again (today 5-3) I must say our Jacks look much better then they did last year, and when I say look better I mean in all senses of the word.

The Jackrabbits have new uniforms and they are sweet. The team itself also is much stronger. Reggie has done a great job of adding pieces to the nucleus we had coming back. I am really excited to see how this team matures. They were, and should be fun to watch all season.

Last year many times in the season (especially early on) they looked like what they were a D-II team transitioning to D-I. If they played a great game they could hang with the Big Boys but more often then not one bad inning would spell the doom for our Rabbits. Today and yesterday we looked like we belonged and we gave the Wildcats all they wanted.

I had many K-State fans say how impressed they were with our team and one gentlemen remembered us from last year and said he couldn't believe how much better we were this season. He thought K-State was luck to get the win on Tuesday.

Yes sir, should be a fun season. Best of luck to our Jackrabbits!

Go State! ;D

P.S. Kind of a wierd thrill for me today as the Scoreboard on more then one occassion showed the K-State "Power Cat" eating the word J A C K S one letter at a time. I have seen the same thing before at their games but the word was J A Y H A W K, H U S K E R, or some other school. Now all we have to do is beat those Wildcats, I believe our time is coming. 8)

Comment

Here is a link to a Kansas State Collegian story in which they call us their rival. 8)

http://kstatecollegian.com/article.php?a=9159

Go Jackrabbits! ;D

Comment

Here is a link to a RC Journal story about yesterday's game.

http://www.rapidcityjournal.com/arti...cal/news05.txt

Go Jackrabbits! ;D

Comment

I have a good feeling about this year's baseball team.

And, Rapid City is a baseball hotbed . . . it's nice to see SDSU getting some column space (even cyber-column space) over there.
                        "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Preview (ok the season has started, but that is ok) from the Brookings Register:

http://www.brookingsregister.com/mai...26&page=25

Go State! ;D

Comment

Working...
                          X