• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AA Tourney ideal recruiting tool for SDSU Environm

AA Tourney ideal recruiting tool for SDSU Environment
    BY T.B. LIVERMONT

http://www.brookingsregister.com/mai...77&page=23

South Dakota State University is preparing to put its best face forward, since the Girls AA Basketball Tournament provides them with an ideal recruiting tool. Frost Arena staff, Aramark and other campus services were in full gear starting Wednesday to make sure that athletes and fans have a memorable experience.
    “Anytime we have prospective students on campus for an activity it gives us the opportunity to show parents and students what SDSU is all about,” said Mike Reger, vice president of Administration at SDSU.
    History shows that when middle schoolers or high schoolers attend an activity at SDSU it helps with recruitment............

As expected SDSU is ready to showcase itself to potential students! It is nice to see the community, Bobcat Backers, BHS and SDSU etc. continue it outstanding partnership to better each other. To some this may seem obvious, but I have seen other university communities that do not have a good working relationships within the community.

We...ARE...STATE!
    SOUTH...DAKOTA...STATE!!

Re: AA Tourney ideal recruiting tool for SDSU Envi

It's just too bad students weren't on campus this week to give these prospective students a glimpse into life at SDSU. The campus is kind of a ghost town this week during spring break.

However, it has make parking, traffic, and congestion ten times easier for these bball fans.
    "I'd like to thank the good Lord for making me a Yankee." - Joe D.

Comment

Was the tourney originally supposed to be held at Swiftel? I thought I heard that at one time.
      “I used to be with it. But then they changed what it was. Now what I’m with isn’t it, and what’s it seems scary and wierd. It’ll happen to you.” — Abe Simpson

Comment

I think the admin and the city are finding that they have a missed opportunity here for not hosting at State tourney at Frost  before this year.

Brookings and SDSU should have started hosting these tourneys as far back as 1973, but for various reasons, this never happen.

I know Fort Hayes State, when they first got the D2 NCAA North Central Regional tournement, they set some weird times to play out the tourney like playing on Sunday night which seemed different at the time. The reason being is that they had hosted for number of years, the very small class Kansas High School tourney. No doubt this was a big deal to FHSU, as most of the small high schools left in Kansas are west of Witchta It also  made it tough to find enough hotel rooms for both events if held at the same time.

I recall seeing some where on microfilm, that the Class B tourney was held at the Barn or the SDSC Field house. This may have been in the 1930's. So this is not the first state tourney for Brookings.

Its without a question a great selling point, and seeing all the students buzzing around campus, would no doubt have won some young hearts and lured them to SDSU. It kind of good for Brookings to have a Swiftel Center that is competing with Frost. I think even if the spring break is not on, things could be worked out for parking. Sometimes in the afternoon, many of the lots near Frost are half full to empty in terms of parked cars.

Comment

I think the only reason it hasn't been in Brrokings is because there was always the possibility of post season college tournaments and that will return when SDSU has a conference.

It was truly a great venue for a state tournament. Frost Arena is the best Arena in the state without question. SDSU put a good show on for everyone that made it to the games.

Hats of to SDSU, BHS, SDHSAA, Bobcat Backers, and everyone else that helped host the tournament.

I just wish the Bobcats would have pulled it out in front of the huge Brookings crowd!

SUPERBUNNY OUT
          MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM, BIZUN!!!

Comment

Small School products

Yea keep in mind that the small schools have some very good players also. For example look at two true freshmen girls who played a lot, and just last year were playing high school ball.

Natalie Carda Beresford, S.D.
            Jennifer Warkenthien Willow Lake, S.D.

Comment

Working...
            X