Northern Colorado (Baseball)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Northern Colorado (Baseball)

The Jacks start a three game series with the Bears starting tomorrow.  All three game can be heard on KBRK as well as on the net.

http://www.gojacks.com/

Jackrabbits play three-game series at UNC

The South Dakota State University baseball team is scheduled to play a three-game weekend series Friday through Sunday at Northern Colorado.

All three games will be broadcast locally on KBRK 1430 AM and streamed on the Internet at gojacks.com.

The Jackrabbits enter the series with a 10-14 overall record.

Click here for the broadcast link - http://www3.sdstate.edu/Athletics/Broadcasts/Index.cfm

Go State!

Re: Northern Colorado (Baseball)

UNC had a respectable program during their NCC years. I haven't followed closely but I believe they have had continued marginal success at the DI level. Should be a nice measuring stick after a disappointing loss to SWMS.
    We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

http://www3.sdstate.edu/Athletics/Ne...cfm?Id=46,5027

04/07/2006

Jackrabbit Baseball Postponed

GREELEY, Colo. - South Dakota State's baseball game with Northern Colorado scheduled today (Friday) has been postponed because of the weather.

Instead of a single game on Friday, the teams will now play a doubleheader (two 9-inning games) on Saturday afternoon beginning at noon. The regularly scheduled noon game for Sunday will go on as originally planned.

The change in Friday's game was made due to high winds in the Greeley area and wind chills that would dip below freezing at game time. The forecast for the rest of the weekend includes sunshine and comfortable temperatures.

Northern Colorado (9-18) and South Dakota State (10-14) have played 23 times previously, with a majority of those coming when both teams were members of the North Central Conference. Both are now Division I Independents. The Bears won last year's lone meeting 5-3 at the NCAA Division I Independent Tournament in Greeley. SDSU will host this year's independent tournament, featuring six teams, in Sioux Falls May 18-21.

KBRK radio, 1430 AM, Brookings, will carry both games of the doubleheader Saturday plus the single game on Sunday with Tyler Merriam handling the play-by-play.

Go State!

Comment

Here is a link to UNC's game notes:

http://graphics.fansonly.com/photos/...pdf/040606.pdf

Go State!

Comment

Jackrabbit Baseball is on the Air!

http://www3.sdstate.edu/Athletics/Broadcasts/Index.cfm

Go State!

Comment

The Jacks are all over the Bears. After two Innings.

SDSU 8 - UNC 1

Go State!

Comment

Game 1 Final Score:

SDSU 10 - UNC 8

Gary Olechoski set the record for career saves with 11 and tied the season record for saves.

Go State!  

Comment

A nice win and fun game to listen to.  Now lets go for the sweep!  

Comment

Originally posted by jackmd
                  UNC had a respectable program during their NCC years.  I haven't followed closely but I believe they have had continued marginal success at the DI level.  Should be a nice measuring stick after a disappointing loss to SWMS.

Yup, we beat the #2 team in country Nebraska, however we are inconsistant this season. As for the games today. Split series.

Comment

Game three is on the Air. Let's take this one and win the series! Time to mow, but I will check in later.

Go State!

Comment

That first game hurt but 24-8 for the third game takes the sting away a little.

Comment

Originally posted by 89rabbit
                        Game three is on the Air.  Let's take this one and win the series!  Time to mow, but I will check in later.

Go State!  
                        You should have kept mowing the lawn 89. Bunnies 8, Bears 24. Bears take series 2-1

Comment

Originally posted by uncbearsfan
                          [quote author=89rabbit link=1144365040/0#9 date=1144605055]Game three is on the Air.  Let's take this one and win the series!  Time to mow, but I will check in later.

Go State!  
                          You should have kept mowing the lawn 89.  Bunnies 8, Bears 24.  Bears take series 2-1
                          [/quote]

You will be happy to know that mowing took longer then it should have (hit a rock, bent a blade and had to go to Lowes) and after that I took my kids to the park so I didn't get to hear much beyond the 1st inning. Congrats on the series win, perhaps we will see you again at the 2006 Division I Independent Baseball Tournament is Sioux Falls.

Go State!

Comment

Ahh, to live in the southern climate. Mowing the lawn? The snow just melted off my yard 2 weeks ago.
                            "You just stood their screaming. Fearing no one was listening to you. Hearing only what you wanna hear. Knowing only what you heard." Metallica

Comment

Originally posted by MilwaukeeJacksAlum
                              Ahh, to live in the southern climate. Mowing the lawn? The snow just melted off my yard 2 weeks ago.
                              We're expecting upper 80's in Kansas City later this week . . .
                              "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Working...
                              X