Do We Need an "Off-Topic" Forum?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do We Need an "Off-Topic" Forum?

I'm wondering . . . topics that don't fit into the SDSU categories wind up in the Smack forum (there's one there now re: ESPN The Magazine) . . . should we start a non-smack "Other" forum to discuss things of interest which don't directly relate to SDSU?

If so, how should it be structured? Toss 'everything else' in there? Specific other topics (TV shows?) What does the Jackrabbit Nation want to talk about when you're not talking SDSU?

Please offer your ideas pro/con/indifferent here . . .
    "I think we'll be OK"

Re: Do We Need an "Off-Topic" Forum?

I think its a good idea.  I'm thinking something like the "Bison Commons" on the Bison board.

Comment

I think that it would be a good idea to create a non-SDSU forum.

Comment

This is another good idea and additional proof that this message board is doing well.

Comment

I concure. Just a general board with Movies/TV forum and a ProSports forum?? Maybe even a music forum. You could get a poll going of what people would like and that would give a good base of where to start.
          Sell not virtue to purchase wealth, nor Liberty to purchase power.
          -Ben Franklin, Poor Richard's Almanack 1738

Comment

Originally posted by JimmieTuba
            I concure. Just a general board with Movies/TV forum and a ProSports forum?? Maybe even a music forum. You could get a poll going of what people would like and that would give a good base of where to start.
            That's why I asked!
            "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

More people will slect a little button and hit submit than take the time to type what they want.
              Sell not virtue to purchase wealth, nor Liberty to purchase power.
              -Ben Franklin, Poor Richard's Almanack 1738

Comment

I think starting with a general forum for now would work just fine.

The new site seems to be faster than the old board!

Comment

Originally posted by JimmieTuba
                  Speaking of polls, how bout a poll forum?
                  “I used to be with it. But then they changed what it was. Now what I’m with isn’t it, and what’s it seems scary and wierd. It’ll happen to you.” — Abe Simpson

Comment

OK, I opened up a "Beyond SDSU" category with three boards underneath it:
                    Pro Sports
                    Entertainment
                    Around South Dakota.

Have fun (in moderation).
                    "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Originally posted by SF_Rabbit_Fan
                      [quote author=JimmieTuba link=1144776211/0#4 date=1144779748]I concure. Just a general board with Movies/TV forum and a ProSports forum?? Maybe even a music forum. You could get a poll going of what people would like and that would give a good base of where to start.
                      Speaking of polls, how bout a poll forum?[/quote]

I'm not sure exactly how a poll forum would work . . . versus having polling enabled for threads in the various forums.
                      "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Working...
                      X