Track and field recruits

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Track and field recruits

U of OK, nice company for SDSU.  DI opportunity available in state for our high school students, they like it and I like it.  

Don't think you can access link without registering so I included a couple of paragraphs.

http://www.yankton.net/stories/04130...60413008.shtml

Gazelles Duo To Run At D-I Level

By: JAMES D. CIMBUREK
    james.cimburek@yankton.net

Amanda Kuchta has been a silent partner of sorts in the Yankton cross country and track programs, playing a key role in the teams' successes but letting others have the spotlight. Ashley Storm has been Miss Versatility, running whatever the team needed her to run. Now both will get the chance to prove themselves on an even bigger stage.
    Both Storm and Kuchta inked NCAA Division I national letters of intent to compete in track and field and cross country, Storm with the University of Oklahoma and Kuchta with South Dakota State University.

Bon Homme Thrower Headed To SDSU

The allure of competing at the NCAA Division I level also enticed the Lady Cavaliers standout.

"I wanted to go to a D-I program," she said. "That was one of the things that attracted me to SDSU."

Schuch plans to go into a pre-pharmacy track at SDSU. Before then, she has some things she wants to accomplish.

We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Re: Track and field recruits

There are many kids each year with a number one goal of Playing Division 1 Athletics. Many times those kids sacrifice a better experience and more playing time at a lesser institution, but the drawing power of saying they are a D-I athlete is too great to ignore. Thankfully we have the ability to use that drawing power in our favor.
    "You just stood their screaming. Fearing no one was listening to you. Hearing only what you wanna hear. Knowing only what you heard." Metallica

Comment

Re: Track and field recruits

I can't help but think that the fact that both Volleyball and Men's & Women's Basketball now have invited walk-ons will only make our programs better. These may be kids, like the ones Milwuakee was talking about. Kids who might have gotton scholarship offers from other lessers schools but choose instead to compete at the NCAA highest level and who knows they might play their way into a scholarship. Best of luck to all of them and thanks for coming to South Dakota's only D-I University!

Go State!

Comment

Working...
      X