• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Golf teams beat Bison and wins the Dakota Cup

Always nice to beat the Bison:

http://www3.sdstate.edu/Athletics/Ne...cfm?Id=46,5087

04/23/2006

SDSU golfers claim Dakota Cup

MORTON, Minn. -- South Dakota State claimed its first-ever Dakota Cup, defeating North Dakota State 12-9 in a combined men's and women's match-play event over the weekend at Dacotah Ridge Golf Club.

The Jackrabbits, who led 4-3 after competition on Saturday, won eight of 14 individual matches contested on Sunday. The SDSU women claimed four of six matches, while the Jackrabbit and Bison men split their eight matches. Saturday's format featured two-person teams playing against each other.  .  .  .  (read more)

Go Jackrabbits!  

Re: Golf teams beat Bison and wins the Dakota Cup

A win over the Bison and getting a commitment from a solid player from North Dakota. Gotta love it!

Recruit article: http://www3.sdstate.edu/Athletics/Va...cfm?Id=46,5078

Way to go Jacks!

SUPERBUNNY
    MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM, BIZUN!!!

Comment

I wonder how many schools play matches with this same kind of format. I really like the idea and wonder if something like this could catch on in the future. If anyone has any info that would be great.

Comment

I know the course in Morton is beautiful but isn't it kind of odd that the Div I schools from North and South Dakota played a match in Minnesota?

I would suspect there are some nice courses in either state that this match could be played on.

Comment

Originally posted by Jacks15
          I wonder how many schools play matches with this same kind of format.  I really like the idea and wonder if something like this could catch on in the future.  If anyone has any info that would be great.
          I have not seen another format similar to this. It is different because of the match play format and the fact that the men and women are playing as one team not seperately. Kind of a "Ryder Cup" of the Dakotas. Talking to some of the players on both teams, they love it!

SUPERBUNNY

Comment

Neutral site wanted for the match? Makes sence to me.

Comment

Playing on a neutral site is fine. Playing for the Dakota Cup in Minnesota is unacceptable. Play it in the Dakotas.

Comment

I agree to diagree. :-/  No offense...OK.  I beleive it is set up to move around in the region (not just the Dakotas) from year-to-year.  

Come on lets face it...it isnt drawing a Rider Cup fan base so if the two schools want to play it on a nice course somewhere other than the Dakotas why not let them?

Is it really that big of a deal? :-?

GO JACKS! 8-)

Comment

this sound like an interesting event to attend and watch. a ryder cup like competition between 2 rivals i like it.

Comment

Here's an article in The Forum about the Dakota Cup (also explains why it's been in MN)- Dakota Cup golf becomes big hit

Comment

Good article...I wasnt aware of the perm. home but if that is what the coaches and golfers want...why not?  Its an easy drive from Brookings with some quaint small town watering holes in the area.  

Hotel, Golf Cources, Gambling, Ale, and an entertaining format...hmmmm, maybe some of us should start making this an annual weekend to hook-up and give them the Dakota Cup gallery they deserve? ;D

SDSUFans.com/NDSUBison.com Members Reunion and Gallery Party, ooops, er, I mean Auction, with proceedes donated to winning schools choice of charity?

I can see the invite now:

DAKOTA CUP 2007
                      BISON VS. JACKS III
                      COME PARTY LIKE AN ANIMAL!

Maybe it should be PARTY WITH THE ANIMALS?

GO JACKS!

Comment

Dakotah Ridge is a very, very good track. Better than anything in Brookings or Fargo and it's not even close. It's a top 10 track in Minnesota and they've got some good golf over there!

They have some fantastic weekend and overnight packages. Drive in play w/cart, dinner, hotel, breakfast, golf w/ cart next day for in the $150/person area.

The place is a real gem!

SUPERBUNNY

Comment

Originally posted by bisonguy
                          Here's an article in The Forum about the Dakota Cup (also explains why it's been in MN)- Dakota Cup golf becomes big hit

I read the article. The crystal trophy is probably appropriate. I can't see anyone on the Men's Golf Team hoisting the Dakota Marker (football). [smiley=shocked.gif]

Boy, that trophy is going to look sharp in the trophy case!

Good job Coach Bazler and the gang! [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

SUPERBUNNY

Comment

Working...
                          X