D-I athletics come to Rapid City in '07

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• D-I athletics come to Rapid City in '07

The Jackrabbit baseball team will bring NCAA D-I athletics to the Black Hills when SDSU takes on UNC out in Rapid City. I think this is a great move. Especially when you consider how many of our SD players come from West River.

From the 2005-06 Jackrabbit Athletics
    Annual Report:

BASEBALL

Feb.
    16-18 at Sacramento State (Calif.)
    23-25 at Southeast Missouri State

Mar.
    2-4 at Indiana State
    6-7 at Tennessee-Martin
    9-10 at Murray State (Ky.)
    13 at Creighton (Neb.)
    16-18 at Missouri State
    21 North Dakota (at Brookings)
    24-25 Valparaiso (Ind.) (at Brookings)
    28 Waldorf (Iowa) (at Brookings)
    31 at Utah Valley State

Apr.
    1 at Utah Valley State
    4 at Northern Iowa
    6-8 North Dakota State (at Brookings)
    10-11 at Kansas
    14-15 Utah Valley State (at Brookings)
    18 Minnesota (at Sioux Falls)
    20-22 Northern Colorado (at Rapid City)
    25 at Minnesota
    27-28 at IPFW

May
    4-6 at North Dakota State
    12-13 IPFW (at Brookings)
    16 at Kansas State
    19 at Utah Valley State
    22-25 at Independent Tournament
    (at Orem, Utah)
    Game times to be determined

Go State!

Re: D-I athletics come to Rapid City in '07

This is great news for those of us in the Black Hills.  SDSU is the real flagship university for all of South Dakota and this will be added exposure for those of us in the west.  Baseball is taken very seriously in Rapid City and the surrounding area and if the weather allows, these games will be highly promoted and very visible to the sports fans in the area.  I hope and assume that they will play at the same ballpark where Rapid City Post 22 plays.  This is a very fine stadium for both the players and the fans.

I hope that this venture proves so successful that the AD will look for other possibilities such as mens' and/or womens' basketball at the Rushmore Plaza.  This is another venue that is worthy of D-1 sports.

Comment

use this trip as a recruiting magnet, bring baseball standouts from the hills region to the game for free and let them see what our program is all about. from a student's side i dont wanna see games halfway across the state because it would be expensive for us to go to these events with gas prices, but from a fan's point of view it is awesome to spread out across the state. something our old rival hasn't done much in the recent past against big name competition, although northern colorado isn't big competition.

Comment

This is great for the school and for Rapid City, just think how well respected the Post 22 program is around the nation. Post 22 players are well recruited throughout the nation and this will help us put our program in front of them. I know Coach Christensen has said from day 1 that keeping the best players in state is a must for the program to take the next step. This should also help by putting SDSU in front of other potential future students.

Comment

I have relatives in Rapid that support the Post 22 team. The support they recieve is unreal!

My guess is that there will be huge crowds for the games out there. I forwarded the info on to him and he seemed very excited.

Exposing the whole state to SDSU Athletics is a fantastic idea.

SUPERBUNNY
          MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM, BIZUN!!!

Comment

Working...
          X