SDSU Aviation Program

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SDSU Aviation Program

A bachelor of science degree in aviation was approved today for South Dakota State University, allowing students to specialize in three distinct areas.

Enrollments in the current aviation program offered at SDSU increased from 74 in 2001 to 96 students this year.

University officials expect to enroll about 110 students this fall, with that number estimated to increase to 156 by fall 2009.

more on the argus leader. http://www.argusleader.com/apps/pbcs.../NEWS/60622006

aviation - SDSU's second fastest growing program after construction management

Re: SDSU Aviation Program

Totally unrelated, but a funny joke, nevertheless... this was back when all these pilots were being busted for flying while drunk.

Q: How many pilots does it take to fly an aircraft?
    A: Two.... and a fifh!

**My apologies to those of you that are pilots, but you gotta admit, it's pretty funny! ;D **
    I am Ed. Fear me.

Comment

As much as I enjoyed my Poli Sci major/philosophy minor and the excellent professors teaching those courses (Burns, Lonowski, etc.), I would have loved to taken Aviation as a major. I'm guessing the extra costs will keep the numbers down somewhat. When a couple of my roomates took classes to get their licenses through SDSU back in the '90's I thought they were paying something like $1000 per year for total expenses (air time, instructor, etc.). Any idea how that would work now that it's an actual major?
      "You just stood their screaming. Fearing no one was listening to you. Hearing only what you wanna hear. Knowing only what you heard." Metallica

Comment

Look at it this way... whatever the cost, you now have the full gamut of financial aid available!

That would have been so cool to learn to fly... but if I fly any way like I currently drive.... well... there would be one less Jackrabbit in the world! ;D
        I am Ed. Fear me.

Comment

From the Rapid City Journal:

http://www.rapidcityjournal.com/arti...te/state06.txt

Regents expand SDSU aviation offerings

BROOKINGS (AP) - South Dakota State University is expanding its offerings in the field of aviation.

Students pursuing a bachelor of science degree in aviation will be able to specialize in aviation education, previously offered as part of a technical education degree, or the new options of aviation management and aviation maintenance management.

The South Dakota Board of Regents approved the new program this week.

Regents president Harvey Jewett said the SDSU program has matured to a point in which additional classes and specializations are needed. . . . (read more)

Go State!

Comment

Not really anything new here, but I liked the source. Word will get out to folks who are interested in this offering.

http://www.aero-news.net/index.cfm?C...1-dd9d498a008e

Go State!

Comment

Working...
            X