Jacks get a little air time in KC

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jacks get a little air time in KC

I was listening to one of the local sports radio shows in my car this afternoon and the talk on "Between the Lines" with Kevin Kietzman and Danny Clinkscale turned to the UMKC Kangaroos.  A story in the KC Star talked about a couple of upcoming games.

http://www.kansascity.com/mld/kansas...s/14973884.htm

UMKC will visit Hogs, Terrapins

The UMKC men’s basketball team isn’t shying away from tough competition.

The Kangaroos will play two former national champions from the SEC and ACC — Arkansas and Maryland — in the 2006-07 season.

UMKC will travel to Fayetteville, Ark., on Dec. 2 to play the Razorbacks. The 1994 national champs were 22-10 last season and played in the NCAA Tournament. UMKC will then play 2002 national champ Maryland on Dec. 13 in College Park, Md. The Terrapins were 19-13 last season.

• The Kangaroos recently signed junior college transfer Akeem Hemingway.

Hemingway, a 6-foot guard, averaged 19.7 points last season at Connors State in Warner, Okla. Hemingway, who is from Myrtle Beach, S.C., helped Connors State to a 17-13 record
    .  .  .  .  

This lead to talk of Coach Z (their Men's Basketball Coach) job status, if he needed to win the Mid-Con this coming season or be gone (the host felt he was in no danger), how good UMKC's talent will be this coming year, yadda yadda yadda.  A caller turned to the question of Mid-Con expansion and mentioned us by name and wanted to know what the chances of us getting in were.  Danny, who is also the voice of UMKC basektball on the radio, said it was a "pretty sure thing" that the "Dakota schools" and IPFW would be in.  If you know Danny he is kind of a "glass half full" sort so that was like most guys saying it is a slam dunk.

Always fun for me to hear people talking about our school on KC sports radio.

Go State!  

Re: Jacks get a little air time in KC

Funny you should mention, I heard the same comments too, driving home from spending Independence Day in S.D.

Danny Clinkscale is the radio announcer for the Kangaroos on WHB in K.C.
    "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Come on 89 - admit it - you had one of your friends up in SD call down and talk about sdsu. Nobody is talking about sdsu in KC.

By the way I am amazed that danny clinksdale has survived in kc. That guy has small market talent. Now Kevin Keitzman is the man - I am surprised that he doesn't go national. Frank Boal is really good, too but Clinksdale is pure bush league.

Comment

Mavpower,

I guess I have to believe that Clinksdale is Bush League. Anybody that is diehard UNO would be Bush League, so you must really be able to recognize it.

Comment

Originally posted by MAVPOWER
          Come on 89 - admit it - you had one of your friends up in SD call down and talk about sdsu.  Nobody is talking about sdsu in KC.

By the way I am amazed that danny clinksdale has survived in kc.  That guy has small market talent.  Now Kevin Keitzman is the man - I am surprised that he doesn't go national.  Frank Boal is really good, too but Clinksdale is pure bush league.

Yes I was the one who called WHB. I did that to irriate Mav Power and his two brothers who also post here.

Comment

Working...
          X