Soccer Info?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Soccer Info?

Here's a GREAT look at the NDSU Bison's team. Anyone in Brookings that can fill in about the Jack's soccer team? Cabis's look appears that the two teams, SDSU/NDSU will be the top teams in the USC, and that the matches between them should be great games.

http://www.bisonville.com/cgi-bin/ya...1155261081/0#7

Go STATE

Re: Soccer Info?

I have a relative on the team, but I will try to keep this impartial. :

This year's team appears to be very young again with 8-9 of the projected starters being freshman last year. A couple of the newcomers could start with 1 or 2 seniors also in the mix. Coach Wedemeyer has said that team is led by senior Maggie Eilers from Brookings but I am sure that some of the youth will need to grow up quickly for this team to be successful. Their schedule is tough (Like a headbut to the chest during the final game of the World Cup ) with games at Creighton, UW Green Bay, UW Milwaukee, and Montana but NDSU, Texas Tech (I don't think their soccer coach has ever thrown a bench on the field, but that would interesting!!), Drake, and Minnesota all come to South Dakota this year. I would be great to have the Jacks fans decked out in yellow and ringing cowbells for those games.

Also heard that 3 of the top recruits for 2007 have verbally committed but don't expect Mr. Solari to be writing any articles about that until they put some more wins on the board. Congrats to the Lady Jacks basketball team on their future additions. Can any of them play goalie?

Comment

Originally posted by rabbit_tracks

Also heard that 3 of the top recruits for 2007 have verbally committed but don't expect Mr. Solari to be writing any articles about that until they put some more wins on the board.  Congrats to the Lady Jacks basketball team on their future additions.  Can any of them play goalie?
      welll we won't have a whole lot from solari in the future about sdsu activities and i am saddened by the loss of solari to east lansing.

Comment

Originally posted by thebluehatman
        [quote author=rabbit_tracks link=1155299556/0#1 date=1155319818]

Also heard that 3 of the top recruits for 2007 have verbally committed but don't expect Mr. Solari to be writing any articles about that until they put some more wins on the board.  Congrats to the Lady Jacks basketball team on their future additions.  Can any of them play goalie?
        welll we won't have a whole lot from solari in the future about sdsu activities and i am saddened by the loss of solari to east lansing.[/quote]

If correct, that is not good news at all.  I liked Chris, his stories, and his willingness to talk with everybody including fans.  Good for him though for the opportunity to return to Mich St. territory if that is where he is heading.
        "I'd like to thank the good Lord for making me a Yankee." - Joe D.

Comment

the man is returning to his home turf. congrats to chris always liked his articles about state. it'll be tough to fill his shoes.

Comment

Ouch....this is great for Chris, but bad for SDSU fans. This deserves its own thread.

Comment

Back on topic, here is a review of the SDSU team by UNI's web site:

http://www.cstv.com/sports/w-soccer/...082206aba.html

Panthers Host Two, Begin Regular Season

UNI hosts Wartburg, South Dakota State, travels to Western Illinois

Aug. 22, 2006

PANTHERS HOST TWO, BEGIN REGULAR SEASON

STORYLINE University of Northern Iowa women's soccer hosts its second and final exhibition game of the season when Wartburg comes to Cedar Falls August 23. The Panthers open regular season play two days later against South Dakota State, and kick off a six-game road trip at Western Illinois Sunday.  .  .  .

SOUTH DAKOTA STATE JACKRABBITS A young but experienced team takes the field this season for SDSU. Every starter from a year ago is back for the 2006 campaign, including Kelsey Worcester, who in addition to leading the team with five goals, netted three game-winning goals for the Jacks. Maggie Eilers, a four-year starter and senior, returns to shore up a defense that earned a 1.79 goals against average. Kellyn Farrell, a first team all-Independent League selection last year joins Eilers to anchor the defense. Head coach Lang Wedemeyer has led the Jacks' soccer program since its inception in 2000. His record stands at 46-54-9 entering his seventh season.  .  .  .  (read more)

Here is SDSU weekly press release:

http://www3.sdstate.edu/ClassLibrary..._Aug-19-06.pdf

Go State!  

Comment

Jacks defeat Northern Iowa 3-0 in their season opener.

Comment

Remember to follow the Lady Jacks Soccer team on the United Soccer Conference web site at:

http://www.ipfw.edu/athletics/United...uscdefault.htm

Comment

The Jackrabbits beat Northern Ill. and move to 2-0 on the season! 8-)

http://www3.sdstate.edu/Athletics/Ne...cfm?Id=46,5288

Go State!

Comment

Nice Job ladies!! Two nice wins!!

This Fall sports season is getting off to a great start

Comment

Working...
                      X