Anyone going to Brookings tomorrow?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone going to Brookings tomorrow?

Got to thinking about it and I could cancel my golf game, take a rain check, and steam on up to Brookings for the announcement tomorrow. Only drawback would be the need to return for work Friday which would cut into my chance to celebrate with the contingency from the Mid-Con.

Any one planning to be on campus for the announcement? Twist my arm and I might make the trip. Hey, 89, pick me up at the Vermillion exit on your way up 29, what do you say?
    We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Re: Anyone going to Brookings tomorrow?

I'll be there 8-) blue hat and all.

Comment

I am in Indianapolis and flying back tomorrow to Kansas City so won't be able to pick you up. I am however looking forward to this weekend and being in Brookings, as I think the party will still be going on!

Go State!

Comment

Originally posted by 89rabbit
        I am in Indianapolis and flying back tomorrow to Kansas City so won't be able to pick you up.  I am however looking forward to this weekend and being in Brookings, as I think the party will still be going on!  

Go State!  
        No kidding, what a bad break as far as work is concerned. I was handling it okay knowing that what I was missing was primarily the tailgate, but now with this news, its really a bummer that I can't be in Brookings Saturday. I suppose I could beg and plead and try to pull a favor at the last minute, just not likely to happen, though. I'll have to participate via my brother's cell phone.

Maybe I could tailgate a little tomorrow before the announcement? Think they would open the backyard for me? I'll give VJ a call in the morning.
        We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Pretty sure I will be making the trip from SF. This is great.

You can't teach an old dog new tricks, but you can never teach a stupid dog anything.

Comment

I would love to be there. Please post more information when it becomes available!

It would be quite a historic event for the little "College on the Hill!

SUPERBUNNY
            MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM, BIZUN!!!

Comment

Originally posted by SUPERBUNNY
              I would love to be there. Please post more information when it becomes available!

SUPERBUNNY
              I just invited my 150 Intro to Mass Comm students to be there (space permitting). It's a great learning opportunity for them to witness an event firsthand and then see how the complexity of the event is boiled down into print and broadcast news stories.

Comment

Originally posted by jackphd
                [quote author=SUPERBUNNY link=1156996153/0#5 date=1157030860]I would love to be there.  Please post more information when it becomes available!

SUPERBUNNY
                I just invited my 150 Intro to Mass Comm students to be there (space permitting). It's a great learning opportunity for them to witness an event firsthand and then see how the complexity of the event is boiled down into print and broadcast news stories.[/quote]
                Post us a story when it is over PHD

Comment

I'll try and pop over to the union to catch the press conference, and then post a report later today as well....
                  "I'd like to thank the good Lord for making me a Yankee." - Joe D.

Comment

combing the blue hat as we speak to make it look prettyful for the press conference.

Comment

Originally posted by thebluehatman
                      combing the blue hat as we speak to make it look prettyful for the press conference.

Over the last couple of years we have all learned what DI envy is.  Right now I think I am suffering from "bluehat envy".   ;D ;D  I just wish I could have gotten out of work to make the trip up to Brookings.

Comment

I will be there saturday

Comment

Working...
                        X