• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Volleyball-Jacks beat Oregon state

From News at State....

09/01/2006

Jacks rally to win thriller

MADISON, Wis. -- South Dakota State held off match point in Game 3 to avoid a sweep, then rallied to win the match in five games, defeating Oregon State in the opener of the Wisconsin InnTowner Tournament Friday in collegiate volleyball action.

The Jackrabbits improved to 5-0 with the 27-30, 37-30, 31-29, 30-25, 15-6 victory. The win was SDSU's second in a row over a Pac-10 opponent and the third five-game victory of the season.

Minette Ridenour and Kristina Martin each tallied double-doubles in the match for the Jackrabbits. Ridenour posted her fifth straight double-double with 20 kills and a match-high 21 digs. Martin also totaled 20 kills to go along with 10 digs.

Emily Rooney collected 16 kills, with Amy Anderson adding 14 and Laura Slagter 13.

Kristie Klusaw was credited with 71 set assists as SDSU out-hit the Beavers .287 to .258 for the match. The Jackrabbits hit .526 (11 kills, 1 error in 19 attempts) in Game 5.

Rachel Rourke led OSU, 1-4 overall, with a match-high 26 kills.

SDSU wraps up tournament play Saturday, meeting host Wisconsin at noon, followed by a 5 p.m. match against Oklahoma.

Way to go Jacks! Two more tomorrow!

Re: Volleyball-Jacks beat Oregon state

Just another win over a PAC-10 team. Hardly even news anymore. Just kidding of course.

I think I need to see this team play, more importantly, my girls need to see this team play.
    We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Working...
    X