No announcement yet.

Request for Input:  Additional Forums?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Request for Input:  Additional Forums?

I'm debating starting some additional sports-specific boards here. I'm thinking of splitting off the following sports into their own boards on the SDSUFans.com Forum here:
    Volleyball
    Women's Soccer
    Wrestling
    Baseball
    Softball.

I'm undecided, because adding boards will make the main page that much bigger/longer (although you already have to scroll to see it all now, so maybe that's not a big deal). I also am hesitant to recognize some of the "non-revenue" sports without creating forums for all of them--with 21 sports, that will be a pretty long front page for the SDSUFans.com Forum. That would increase the number of clicks it will take to get to threads on some of the non-revenue sports. Also, I have a feeling that having a specific forum for a sport that doesn't get many (or any) posts would be a bit depressing for that sport's fans and student-athletes.

So I thought I'd throw it open to the board members for comment/suggestions. Are things good the way they are? What additional boards would you be willing to open and to post to as the year goes on?

Thanks, all!
    "I think we'll be OK"

Re: Request for Input:  Additional Forums?

Not a bad idea filbert.  I think listing out the individual sports would make the board too long.  May I suggest creating two other boards, combining all the other men's sports in one and women's in the other?

Comment

I say add the other sports...I'm willing to use my lazy pointer finger and work up a sweat by scrolling down "a whole half page" to read about our Jackrabbits! Im fine with a little bigger page...
      like they said during the midcon visit...
      "Here at SDSU you just don't accept the status quo, you take the time to ask, how can we do it better!"

So far with VB(5-0), Soccer(2-1), the Jacks are 7-1 in 2006! I feel another "W" being added to the list tonight at about 10pm!

Comment

I have no problem the way it is, however if you were going to add specific sports I would add volleyball, soccer and wrestling as they seem to have the most threads. Or maybe just add an "other sports" section.

You can't teach an old dog new tricks, but you can never teach a stupid dog anything.

Comment

I dont have a problem with sports being broke down in fact this board was I suppose started to discuss football, but there are many more topics the others would like to discuss, so go for it. If you can't scroll by now, wow sell your computer and give up.

I would tend to think the Around South Dakota thread would be of great interest particularily if you are an alum and live out of the Brookings and South Dakota area. When I lived out of South Dakota for a couple of decades, I was always hungrey for news from SD. Garrison Keillor seems to understand the rural subculture and his dialogue is still my favorite part of his two hour program, namely The News From Lake Woebegan. So if there are ways of expanding that area, it would be a good move.

Comment

I feel each sports deserves it's own space.

Comment

How many boards is too many ? I kind of like it the way it is now, maybe add boards for the three confrences were in Mid Con - Wrestling - Feetball

Comment

Working...
              X