NDSU is coming to town...And so is Texas TECH

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NDSU is coming to town...And so is Texas TECH

The South Dakota State University women’s soccer team, 3-7-1 on the season, will be back in action Wednesday when it takes on United Soccer Conference member North Dakota State at Fishback Soccer Park in Brookings. Start time for the match is set for 6 p.m.  Wednesday fans entering Fishback Soccer Park will have the chance to be fed hotdogs and hamburgers by the SDSU prmotions office. Start time for the Feed the Fans outing begins at 5:15 right outside of Fishback.

Brookings Youth Night with the Jacks – October 4th
    Come join the Jacks on this special night as they play host to fellow United Soccer Conference member North Dakota State University.

For only $3, each member of your youth group will receive the following:

* Jackrabbit T-shirt (Groups of five or more youth)
    * Free hamburgers starting at 5:15 p.m.
    * SDSU football coach and Fellowship of Christian Athletes leader John Stiegelmeier will speak to youth group participants starting at 5:30 p.m.
    http://www3.sdstate.edu/Athletics/Promotions/Index.cfm

On Friday, Big 12 member Texas Tech comes to Brookings, fresh off a victory over then-No. 17 Missouri. Start time for that match is also set for 6 p.m. Any Brookings Soccer Association player who wears their uniform to the match against Texas Tech will be able to watch Division I soccer for free.
    When SDSU faces off against Texas Tech this Friday, it will mark the second time in two years the Jacks will take on a Big 12 Conference opponent in soccer. Overall, the Red Raiders will be the first Big 12 school to come to Brookings in any sport upon moving into Division I play.

Re: NDSU is coming to town...And so is Texas TECH

http://www3.sdstate.edu/Athletics/Ne...cfm?Id=46,5397
    South Dakota State outshot North Dakota State 14-13 Wednesday night, but Bison goalkeeper Monica Morgan saved five shots in the second half to secure a 1-0 victory over SDSU in United Soccer Conference action at Fishback Soccer Park.

Chelsea Body gave NDSU its lone goal of the night off a deflection right before halftime. SDSU’s Kellyn Farrell, a sophomore from Littleton, Colo., looked to tie the game in the 48th minute, but saw her shot sail wide.

SDSU squandered several scoring opportunities after the half as both Erin Kasmarik and Kerstyn Farrell saw their shots fail to reach the back of the net early in the second half. SDSU appeared to tie the game with eight minutes left in the contest, but was called for offsides in the middle of the box.

Comment

South Dakota State goalkeeper Nicole Lograsso recorded 14 saves Friday night as SDSU and Texas Tech battled to a scoreless draw at Fishback Soccer Park.

Sophomore Kelly Larson looked to give the Jacks a 1-0 advantage early in the contest, but saw her shot from 15 yards out saved by Tina Rincon. Kellyn Farrell and Alex Schaller both had scoring opportunities early in the match, but their shots sailed wide of the goal.

In the first half, SDSU had six different players record shot attempts, including three by Schaller.

Jackrabbit freshman Natasha Swift looked to put the Jacks on the board in the 61st minute, but saw both of her shot attempts saved by Rincon. Chelsea Goosen, a sophomore from Olathe, Kan., took a cross from Kelsey Worcester late in the contest, but couldn’t find the net as her header attempt was wide.

In the first overtime period, Lograsso kept the Red Raiders off the board as both Zhaleh Rezaie and Priscilla Esquivel recorded shots-on-goal for Texas Tech.

Neither team could find the back of the net in the second OT as both goalkeepers made one stop to end the match in a 0-0 draw.

For the match, Lograsso had 14 saves, including four during overtime, while Rincon recorded four stops on the night.

The Jackrabbits outshot the Red Raiders 24-22 in the contest as several Jackrabbit players had scoring opportunities on the night. Farrell, a Littleton, Colo., native, paced the Jackrabbit offense with six shot attempts for the match. Schaller chipped in with five shots, including one shot-on-goal in the second overtime period.
      http://www3.sdstate.edu/Athletics/Va...cfm?Id=46,5402
      Probably one of the most amazing soccer games I've seen. The wind was brutal. I think there were as many people from TTU as there were for the Rabbits, or at least it sounded like there were.

Comment

I went out to Fishback Soccer Park last Friday to watch our Jackrabbits take on Texas Tech.  I gotta say I was impressed with how the team played and the complex itself.  I had never been to a soccer game in my life, but it was fun watching our women go toe to toe with a Big XII team.  It was also fun seeing some of the board regulars out at the game.

Go State!  

Comment

Working...
        X