Press Conference 2/13/07

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Press Conference 2/13/07

I removed the previous thread titled "Coaching announcement" because the thread title was inaccurate, given the information available as of now.
    "I think we'll be OK"

Re: Press Conference 2/13/07

No problem by me, just thought I would add a brief clarification if someone saw the first couple of posts and now saw this. I either misheard the announcement on KWSN or they didn't have it right, my guess is the former. Since then, other posters indicated that they had gotten the announcement of the press conference and it was not in regards to a coaching announcment. So any way, tomorrow at 9:30 there is scheduled to be a press conference by the athletic department.

EDIT: Oh yeah, SDSU asked that the subject not be disclosed prior to the press conference, and the other posters were abiding by that request.

You can't teach an old dog new tricks, but you can never teach a stupid dog anything.

Comment

Well, now you have me interested and I am totally clueless. I can handle that.
      We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Im all wondering whats going on, Hope its all good new what ever it is.
        "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Well, I'm just going to try to forget about it until I get home from work tomorrow afternoon........I'm sure it's positive........

Comment

Yeah...apologize if I got people going some different way....but that's just a RUMOR that I heard..which I stated in my post...

Comment

Well, I'll probably get in trouble with this post, but the conference (which is at 10:30 a.m., not 9:30) is only 12 hours away and most everybody is sleeping. It involves an announcement about Nancy Neiber's retirement. A lot of people know she is retiring, but the details aren't as known and the department wants to give her some spotlight.

See you...if you're there.

Comment

Originally posted by jacks#1fan
                Well, I'll probably get in trouble with this post, but the conference (which is at 10:30 a.m., not 9:30) is only 12 hours away and most everybody is sleeping. It involves an announcement about Nancy Neiber's retirement. A lot of people know she is retiring, but the details aren't as known and the department wants to give her some spotlight.

I didn't get to see the press conference, is this indeed what it was about?

Comment

I briefly heard some of the 910 coverage and they were talking with Nancy about her retirement. Not sure of the exact date, sometime in the future.

You can't teach an old dog new tricks, but you can never teach a stupid dog anything.

Comment

Originally posted by juice
                    [quote author=jacks#1fan link=1171335970/0#6 date=1171342895]Well, I'll probably get in trouble with this post, but the conference (which is at 10:30 a.m., not 9:30) is only 12 hours away and most everybody is sleeping. It involves an announcement about Nancy Neiber's retirement. A lot of people know she is retiring, but the details aren't as known and the department wants to give her some spotlight.

I didn't get to see the press conference, is this indeed what it was about?
                    [/quote]

Yes, this is what it is all about. Nancy is retiring in June. I wish Nancy well in her retirement. She had a big hand in all of the womens basketball success and was an avid supporter of AJ as her replacement.

Comment

She announced her retirement today which will be effective June 21. I want to be the first to congratulate Nancy on a tremendous careeer here at SDSU and for the leadership she has provided the entire athletic department. She has been the leader at getting SDSU women's athletics to where it is today. Congrats Nancy and enjoy your retirement!!!

Comment

Congrats to Nancy and she will be missed. Had my knee scoped this morning so wasn't sure if I had the info correct as I was still groggy in the car on the way home. She was very important in the transformation of women's sports at SDSU.

Comment

http://www.argusleader.com/apps/pbcs...51/1002/SPORTS

Neiber stepping down

By Terry Vandrovec
                          tvandrovec@argusleader.com
                          Published: February 14, 2007

BROOKINGS - In a trophy room that she helped stock and with the women's basketball program she helped build on the verge of an NCAA Division I postseason bid, South Dakota State senior women's administrator Nancy Neiber announced Tuesday that she will retire effective June 21.

Neiber, the school's women's basketball coach from 1984-2000 before pioneering her current role, said she originally planned to step down this year - she recently turned 60 - or next, but decided to do so sooner rather than later in light of the passing of her mother, Ruth, two weeks ago.

Neiber's father, Bert, spry beyond his 89 years and a courtside fixture at Jackrabbits games, was at the news conference.

"I would like to thank my parents," Neiber told an overflow crowd in the Ginn Trophy Room. "Because of my love for sport, they encouraged me to pursue a career in athletics when there were few to no opportunities for participation, coaching or leadership roles for girls and women."

When she took over at SDSU in 1984, inheriting a Division II program that was 16-34 the previous two seasons, Neiber didn't have any assistant coaches, taught classes every morning and, "Yet she was able to find the energy to really pull together and really establish the culture for the kind of women in our program," athletic director Fred Oien said.

Neiber led SDSU to a record of 301-140 in 16 seasons, winning more games than any other coach in program history and twice earning North Central Conference coach of the year honors. In that time, the Jacks posted six 20-win seasons, made six Division II postseason appearances and brought on current head coach Aaron Johnston as an assistant.  .  .  .  (read more)

Congratulations and thank you to Nancy on an outstanding career at SDSU.  Enjoy your retirement.

Go State!  

Comment

Congrats Nancy!

She has made an incredible impact on SDSU! The thing that has always struck me is more than wins and losses is the quality of the young ladies that have come out of the program!

Someone told me she had a 100% graduation rate of her players which is almost hard to believe because of the length of her career on the bench but if true it's even more of a testament to her impact!

I wish her all the best in retirement and my guess is she won't be a stranger and be a fan in the stands for a long time to come!

SUPERBUNNY
                            MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM, BIZUN!!!

Comment

Working...
                            X