Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: The Jackrabbit Logo

WOW! I really like the top one
    "The purpose of life is not to be happy - but to matter, to be productive, to be useful, to have it make some difference that you have lived at all."
    -Leo Rosten

Comment

Somebody needs to tell Fresh Produce, the Brandon based firm, that jackrabbit is one word not two.

Comment

Originally posted by jackrabbitdw
        Somebody needs to tell Fresh Produce, the Brandon based firm, that jackrabbit is one word not two.
        Heh. ;D ;D
        "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

I like the direction the Brandon firm is going with design.  But Jackrabbit has to be one word and they have the wrong shade of blue.

I like option #2 the best. Change Jackrabbit to one word and change the shade of blue.
          LET'S TAKE A TRIP TO BIRDLAND! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=68-6O2mJhMw

Comment

I'm glad none of those three logos that are shown are up for consideration.

Comment

Those seem to be much better then the NY based company by far. Although the first one looks like its blowin fire out its arse. The third one looks as if it is humping the jacks sign, but I guess rabbits do that sort of stuff right? Overall the second one is the only promising logo by far. It has the best look out of everything we have seen so far.
              "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Originally posted by goon
                Those seem to be much better then the NY based company by far.  Although the first one looks like its blowin fire out its arse.  The third one looks as if it is humping the jacks sign, but I guess rabbits do that sort of stuff right?  Overall the second one is the only promising logo by far.  It has the best look out of everything we have seen so far.  
                Let's let Phoenix Design Works (the NY based company) get a final product out first before we start comparing logos. It sounds like to me from all that I've read about this that our own committee is just as much to blame as the design firm. I think the committee got a huge wake up call from the controversy surrounding the logo so lets hope they will now pursue the proper avenues to getting a suitable logo designed.

Comment

Originally posted by BTownJack
                  [quote author=goon link=1160660665/120#125 date=1171571922]Those seem to be much better then the NY based company by far.  Although the first one looks like its blowin fire out its arse.  The third one looks as if it is humping the jacks sign, but I guess rabbits do that sort of stuff right?  Overall the second one is the only promising logo by far.  It has the best look out of everything we have seen so far.  
                  Let's let Phoenix Design Works (the NY based company) get a final product out first before we start comparing logos.  It sounds like to me from all that I've read about this that our own committee is just as much to blame as the design firm.  I think the committee got a huge wake up call from the controversy surrounding the logo so lets hope they will now pursue the proper avenues to getting a suitable logo designed.  [/quote]
                  Its not like Phoenix Disgin Works is the only company capable of coming up with a suitable logo. Why not have the chace to take from several different people allong with opening it up to art students on campus. The more possiblities to me seems that it would be better. What if the logo doesn't improve much? Im sure it will but hopefully they are 100 percent sure of what they do because getting the wrong logo will hurt just as much as it would help.
                  "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Comment

I thought that the top logo in the Collegian article was pretty cool looking and would be great with some modification for the right color and making Jackrabbit one word.

The logo has changed several times over the history of the college and I'm actually suprised by the amount of discussion it has stirred up here and everywhere else. There was one person that wrote a letter to the editor of the Brookings Register stating that he wouldn't have anything to do with the university again if they switched.

To me, it's not that big of a deal and an update is probably in order. We're still The Jackrabbits no matter what the logo is. I could understand the uproar if we were looking at a complete change of mascot.

Look at the bright side of a logo change, we will all have to go out and get new Jackrabbit gear!

SUPERBUNNY
                    MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM, BIZUN!!!

Comment

Ya I really liked 2 out of the 3 new designs! the other one was ok too, way better than last weeks design. I hope one of these in-state designs gets picked.

Comment

I'm guessing we've already invested a good portion of money to the new york firm and will go with their best option, which I'm guessing will better than the three the Brandon team did. We haven't even seen any of the NY firm's final designs, just a bad photo of a comp.

Comment

The powers that will be will make a good choice! Let's just leave it to them.

IT'S JUST A LOGO!!!

SUPERBUNNY

Comment

Originally posted by SUPERBUNNY
                            The powers that will be will make a good choice!  Let's just leave it to them.

IT'S JUST A LOGO!!!

SUPERBUNNY
                            Dont tell me you have been happy with the logo to start with. I think of everything they would all need modifications to them to keep them happy but it appears some people just want to make sure that this is something that represents the school well. If you dont care what the new logo looks like, then don't post about, but some people want it too look nice, and So far the only things that have looked good enough to think of so far are the brandon based designs. As for the money that we have spent, it will cost the school a lot more im sure if they have a logo on clothes and school equipment that no one wants to buy. Having a new logo can go both ways for the marketing idea. all of the talk about a logo good or bad to me shows the passion that so many people have for this school. We talk about how things have changed on campus with envolvement and all but over all, the passion people have for this school to me is not any lesser then it ever has been.

Comment

Originally posted by Jack Rabbit
                              I'm glad none of those three logos that are shown are up for consideration.
                              Me too. I am not crazy about them.

Go State!

Comment

Originally posted by goon
                                [quote author=SUPERBUNNY link=1160660665/120#131 date=1171581729]The powers that will be will make a good choice!  Let's just leave it to them.

IT'S JUST A LOGO!!!

SUPERBUNNY
                                Dont tell me you have been happy with the logo to start with.  I think of everything they would all need modifications to them to keep them happy but it appears some people just want to make sure that this is something that represents the school well.  If you dont care what the new logo looks like, then don't post about, but some people want it too look nice, and So far the only things that have looked good enough to think of so far are the brandon based designs.  As for the money that we have spent, it will cost the school a lot more im sure if they have a logo on clothes and school equipment that no one wants to buy.  Having a new logo can go both ways for the marketing idea.  all of the talk about a logo good or bad to me shows the passion that so many people have for this school.  We talk about how things have changed on campus with envolvement and all but over all, the passion people have for this school to me is not any lesser then it ever has been.  [/quote]

Goon,

Thanks for the disertation and questioning my passion for SDSU!

I agree that all of the comments show how passionate people are about SDSU. I think my passion is fairly well documented on here. I'm going to cheer SDSU if the new logo is flat-out hideous! As far as the current logo goes, I'm fine with it but I will go along with a change, not a big issue for me either way!

My point was that we are SOUTH DAKOTA STATE UNIVERSITY and to have people willing to end their association with SOUTH DAKOTA STATE UNIVERSITY because of change in the way our beloved JACKRABBIT looks is probably over the top and a misses the mark.

For marketing purposes, there is no question that a new logo could be a boon or a bust but I'm willing to let the committee take care of it. If others aren't, that's their opinion and that's great too.

Goon, will you be less of a fan of SDSU if you don't like the logo?

Now I'm late for the game!

GO JACKRABBITS (old school or new and improved)!

SUPERBUNNY

Comment

Working...
                                X