America channel

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• America channel

America Channel will provide extensive sports coverage from over 160 NCAA Division I Universities and Colleges, representing 50% of all NCAA Division I schools. Following is a list of Universities and Colleges that will receive broadcast coverage on America Channel's regional services. We are working hard to add more conferences and schools to our broadcast portfolio, and be a premier college sports destination. Call your local television provider today and ask them to carry America Channel®.

VII. America Channel - MIDWEST Region

139. Illinois State University
    140. Indiana State University
    141. Missouri State University
    142. University of Northern Iowa
    143. Southern Illinois University
    144. Western Illinois University
    145. Youngstown State University
    146. Butler University
    147. University of Dayton
    148. Drake University
    149. Morehead State University
    150. Valparaiso University
    151. Indiana University - Purdue University - Indianapolis (IUPUI)
    152. Indiana University - Purdue University - Fort Wayne (IUPUFW)
    153. University of Missouri-Kansas City (UMKC)
    154. North Dakota State University
    155. Oakland University
    156. Oral Roberts University
    157. South Dakota State University
    158. Cleveland State University
    159. University of Detroit Mercy
    160. University of Illinois at Chicago
    161. Loyola University Chicago
    162. University of Wisconsin-Green Bay
    163. University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee
    164. Wright State University

Re: America channel

I have contacted PrairieWave Communications a couple of times and the reply has been a standard one, they are in discussions with the America channel. I hope they add them.
    We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Would it help if I put in my two cents to Prairie Wave, doc?
      I am Ed. Fear me.

Comment

I have a bad feeling about the America Channel.

The bad feeling is that if you've got cable or satellite-delivered TV, you're not going to see the America Channel. I'm starting to suspect that you'll have to sign up to get your TV from a phone company (not cable or satellite) to see the channel.

I'm also nervous about all of the colleges/conferences that they've signed up, and that they're saying that games will be available "regionally."

In other words, as far as I can tell, this isn't a "real" TV channel at all. It's not even on the air, and I'm wondering if it will ever be "on the air" vs. "over the wire."

I don't think I'll be seeing any America Channel programming any time soon. I hope I'm wrong. Go look for yourself and let me know if I'm off-base here:

http://www.americachannel.us

I guess I'll just have to sign up for the Gateway, Summit, and SDSU webcast packages . . .
        "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

I contacted Midcontinent and received a form letter indicating they're studying the topic. I wasn't impressed.

Comment

I also contacted dish network about adding it, and got the standard reply, "Thanks for your interest in programming"

Comment

I am sure there are many factors considered in selection of channels by a cable company.  Some channels (maybe most?) require the cable companies to pay for access.  I wish it was a more competitive environment.  If there was real competition, the viewers would have a lot more to say about programming.  I'm real tired of paying a monthly cable bill only to see Kevin Tredeau (and a lesser-known hucksters) on three different channels (at the same time), hawking three different products, all of which he claims are the best ever.  [Tredeau spent two years in prison and paid a significant monetary settlement to get the Illinois attorney general off his company's back a few years ago...real great guy!]  Similarly, my cable provider, Midcontinent, has several televangelists begging for money at the same time.

You'd think it would be easy getting some local sports on the TV.

I can't fault Midcontinent entirely.  The Discovery Channel, the History Channel, several ESPN selections are just a push-button away.  But, who doesn't carry Discovery and History and several ESPN's?  

I'll bet America's Channel wants to be paid a significant sum to allow cable companies to carry their games.  The cable companies have to somehow measure (guess?) whether they'll have enough viewers etc. to justify the cost and make a little profit.

I think it can have a positive effect if each SDSU fan contacted their provider and competing providers in their area, inquiring about which provider will cover SDSU.  I've had very good service from Midcontinent but if PrairieWave said they were going to carry America's Channel, I'd switch in a heartbeat.  

...I think I'll send another letter to Midco and one to PrairieWave.

Go Jacks.

Comment

I also would switch to Prairie Wave if they picked up America Channel, however that is not an option for me. I can get Midco or go statellite. As of now, it is Midco, but I have started to look at other options.

You can't teach an old dog new tricks, but you can never teach a stupid dog anything.

Comment

Im wondering how UND gets the airtime on Midco. Every home hockey game plus alot of home football and basketball. Anyone know that deal?

Comment

I'll dust off this thread. Has anyone heard or seen anything regarding the America Channel and any of the area cable TV companies? Has anyone checked to see if the America Channel has, or will, carry any games of relevence as far as SDSU athletics is concerned?
                    Finding is never about seeking. It is about opening yourself to what is already there. - Henry Meloux

Comment

Originally posted by West-River_Jack View Post
                      I'll dust off this thread. Has anyone heard or seen anything regarding the America Channel and any of the area cable TV companies? Has anyone checked to see if the America Channel has, or will, carry any games of relevence as far as SDSU athletics is concerned?
                      Midcontinent isn't even carrying the Big Ten channel for purchase, from what I've heard. I think the America Channel has no chance IMO.

Go Jacks!!
                      SDSU...Passionate, Relentless, Champions.

Comment

Originally posted by propar80 View Post
                        Midcontinent isn't even carrying the Big Ten channel for purchase, from what I've heard. I think the America Channel has no chance IMO.

Go Jacks!!
                        If I am not mistaken the channel is free so Midcon or PrairieWave or who ever is your provider would have to have an open channel... I wonder if SDSU was on if they could broadcast it over there channel?

Comment

The America channel has no chance from what I can see. This has been talked about before but I think its worth talking about again. Why can't SDSU get any of its games on KELO? Any game - football, mens bb, womens bb, anything. Right now nothing is on TV, not even on public tv. I really think this is a mistake and needs to change.

Comment

Originally posted by Jacks-D1 View Post
                            The America channel has no chance from what I can see. This has been talked about before but I think its worth talking about again. Why can't SDSU get any of its games on KELO? Any game - football, mens bb, womens bb, anything. Right now nothing is on TV, not even on public tv. I really think this is a mistake and needs to change.
                            I believe what the problem is that the America Channel holds the right to broadcast any conference game they want.... and until they at least have a tentative schedule SDSU can't really go out and talk to a television station about broadcasting it with fear that the America Channel will decide to broadcast the game and all the work would be for non... However I wouldn't mind seeing these non-conference games
                            Montana-- Sat. Nov 17
                            UNI-- Fri Nov 23
                            Wis-Green Bay-- Sat Dec. 1
                            Idaho-- Sat Dec. 15

all of those games are home non conference weekend night games... there shouldn't be a problem getting keloland to broadcast the games unless they have a conflict on there end....

Comment

Working...
                            X