Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• College Athletics Finances

http://www.usatoday.com/sports/colle...ools/finances/

Here is a link to a recent USA today report on revenue and expenses for athletics. Appears to only include public schools. SDSU is # 140 on the list, well below NDSU and well above USD.

Re: College Athletics Finances

I am something of a numbers person, so here are some of the interesting numbers from the report.

1. SDSU's % subsidy is one of the lower percentages, 85th out of 230.

2. Arkansas State has the lowest funding of any FBS football school at $16,000,000 compared to $15,000,000 at SDSU (Georgia Southern which was still transitioning in the last year of this data was at $13,000,000)

3. James Madison is the best funded program among FCS schools.

4. Mississippi Valley supports FCS football on a total budget of $4.4 million for athletics.

5. Chicago States total revenue for ticket sales is reported as $9,000 and a few years ago was reported at just $56 total revenue from tickets.

6. Eastern Washington, one of the most successful FCS football programs has a total athletics budget in the $11,000,000 range.

Comment

Re: College Athletics Finances

Originally posted by Rabbit74 View Post
      I am something of a numbers person, so here are some of the interesting numbers from the report.

1. SDSU's % subsidy is one of the lower percentages, 85th out of 230.

2. Arkansas State has the lowest funding of any FBS football school at $16,000,000 compared to $15,000,000 at SDSU (Georgia Southern which was still transitioning in the last year of this data was at $13,000,000)

3. James Madison is the best funded program among FCS schools.

4. Mississippi Valley supports FCS football on a total budget of $4.4 million for athletics.

5. Chicago States total revenue for ticket sales is reported as $9,000 and a few years ago was reported at just $56 total revenue from tickets.

6. Eastern Washington, one of the most successful FCS football programs has a total athletics budget in the $11,000,000 range.
      I did not understand what they were implying by the use of the term subsidy. I assume it was the utilities but its more than just that.

Total Subsidy: The sum of students fees, direct and indirect institutional support and state money. The NCAA and others consider such funds "allocated" or everything not generated by the department's athletics functions.

Percent subsidy: Percent of revenues from allocated sources.

Comment

Working...
      X