Frost Renovation and Enhancements

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Frost Renovation and Enhancements

Now that the track will no longer be needed at Frost what is the timeline and are there copy of plans for renovation of Frost? Real need for improved site lines, new seating, suites and concessions.

Re: Frost Renovation and Enhancements

Originally posted by JACKGUYII View Post
    Now that the track will no longer be needed at Frost what is the timeline and are there copy of plans for renovation of Frost? Real need for improved site lines, new seating, suites and concessions.
    No doubt. making the top section as much as the can into permanant seating not pull out bleachers. Would be nice to get the lower bowl sections lower and closer to the court to help improve sight lines but doubtful that will ever happen. But thats another discussion. I wonder where the process is for making major improvements to Frost. Consessions for sure, improved seating and sightlines wont be cheap either.
    "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Originally posted by JACKGUYII View Post
      I would expect things regarding a Frost Arena renovation to start coming out in the next year or so, as the stadium project progresses. My guess a sign of real movement will be when some of the stakeholders (donors/season ticket holders, students, etc.) start getting asked in more formal ways exactly what they want to see in a 'new" Frost Arena.

Of course, some of this may already be occurring under the radar (and I don't know about it if it is going on, and am therefore suitably miffed ).

A lot of the ideas that have been floating around for a few years are pretty well-known: replace the upper seating, perhaps making it more of a bowl; suites and other upscale hoity-toity uppity-folk seating; more/better concessions and bathrooms.

I'd whole-heartedly vote for FIX THE DARN SIGHT-LINES FOR THE LOVE OF PETE! (This implies LET THE STUDENTS STAND ALL GAME LONG IF THEY WANT. I'm also amenable to moving students back court side . . . at least, behind the opponent's bench, anyway. Or is that TOO eeeevil?)
      "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

The student sections on the ends ought to be brought down closer to the floor. (How else can they storm the floor? ) ) Most arenas have students standing near the floor instead of 1/2 story off the floor. I am not certain how the engineering could be done to achieve the result. the sight lines in the upper reserved are good. The end bleachers may not be so accomodating. If the entire arena needed to be emptied to start over, the costs could climb quickly. As some of the other Summit schools retool their arenas, Frost will not be one of the better venues. Denver(already), Omaha, Vermillion, Indianapolis, and Fargo will be ahead of the curve for basketball. I would expect the SDSU athletic department to have a vision soon.
        Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

Working...
        X