Jackrabbit Rally

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jackrabbit Rally

I received this e-mail yesterday. I believe I received it as a member of the Jackrabbit Club but I believe it is open to the public. If you can make it stop in Friday night at the Sheraton.

The time is drawing near, the Summit League Tournament is in Sioux Falls again this year. In conjunction with the tournament the SDSU Athletic Department is having a March Madness Social at the Sheraton Hotel (connected to the Arena) on March 4th, 7:00-9:00 pm. Dr. Chicione, and Coach Stig will be the featured speakers. The cost is $10 per person and includes snacks and there will be a cash bar.

Yes, this is a fund raising event. It is the goal of the athletic department to get all of us to commit to the programs. We currently operate with 1/3 the budget of Bison. It makes you wonder where we could be it we could get to that level. We as Rabbits are the ones that have to make it happen.
    We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Re: Jackrabbit Rally

I won't be able to make the rally, i won't be in Sioux Falls until Saturday. However, just the other day I doubled my contributions to the Jackrabbit Club. I hope many of you and other Jack's fans will do the same.
    LET'S TAKE A TRIP TO BIRDLAND! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=68-6O2mJhMw

Comment

Dang, I get out of work a liittle after 8 so prolly wouldnt be able to make it. Would be fun though.

Dang I can't beleive how excited for the tourny as I am. I think I like it because its a chance for dad and I to do nothing but watching basketball and eat hotdogs and ice cream and get away from everything and just have fun for 4 days.
      "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Originally posted by goon View Post
        Dang, I get out of work a liittle after 8 so prolly wouldnt be able to make it. Would be fun though.

Dang I can't beleive how excited for the tourny as I am. I think I like it because its a chance for dad and I to do nothing but watching basketball and eat hotdogs and ice cream and get away from everything and just have fun for 4 days.
        I think your missing something.... Drink BEER!

Comment

Originally posted by slosho View Post
          I think your missing something.... Drink BEER!
          Well that goes with out saying.
          "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

I have been informed that Dr. Chicoine will not be attending the rally on Friday night. In his place will be our A.D. Justin Sell.

So, bring $10 and your checkbook and have fun supporting the Jackrabbits Friday night at the Sheraton. Look me up and I will by you a beverage.
            We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

Comment

I will probably be in Sioux Falls that night, but I'll be at the Elmen Center for the District 5A Boys' Basketball Championship... but hoist one (or six) for me, as I'll be on the air and working.
              I am Ed. Fear me.

Comment

More specific details regarding the event at the Sheraton. It is geared toward former student-athletes but "guests" are welcome. I say bring your $10 and tell them you are a guest of whomever your favorite Jackrabbit is. I don't really consider my experience that of a former "student-athlete" but I guess SDSU does.

Letterwinners Club to host March Madness Event

The SDSU Letterwinners Club invites all former Jackrabbit student-athletes to a reunion on March 4, in the Fontenelle Ballroom in the Sheraton Hotel before The Summit League basketball tournament in Sioux Falls. The event will begin at 7p.m. and will wrap up at approximately 9p.m.

The student-athletes can reconnect with former teammates and friends as we prepare cheer on the Jackrabbit basketball teams at The Summit League Championships next door at the Arena.

We will have snacks and a cash bar available.

The event is free for former SDSU student-athletes and a guest, with $10 for each additional guest.

Comment

Working...
                X