Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: WWC Regional this Saturday @ Frost

Originally posted by mango4 View Post
    When I talked to Sorenson after he won he said it is a different atmosphere, because there are at least 11K there and he was done early last year, I don't even want to know what it would be like for the finals.
    Depends on the local draw. Those traveling would be there already or leave early.

Comment

Originally posted by cowboy_jacks View Post
      congrats to Soro...looked to be wrestling his best at the right time of the year

on the topic of SF hosting D1 championships....NO NO NO

need a place to hold at least 18 to 20k with hotels and resturants/bars close by...while it is close to heartland for wrestling...SF is hard to get too (not enough flights coming in and out) and isnt big enough

it has been in St louis a lot lately, and could be a possibe fixutre there moving forward
      Listen to what this guys says...he knows what he's talking about when it comes to anythings wrestling!

Comment

Originally posted by BTownJack View Post
        Listen to what this guys says...he knows what he's talking about when it comes to anythings wrestling!
        I'm not disputing what he says, just surprised by it.

Comment

the local draw does not have that much to do with it either
          there are over 13k at each session...some do not make it to all sessions

IA, Ok St, MN and ISU bring huge crowds..huge...and they are loud

you need a place big enough for 18k...semi's and finals are always packed...need hotels and bars/resturants right by the venue..when it was in Detroit a few years ago it was a wreck because of this and will never be back there again

i am a little worried about Omaha as well here...but a lot of improvements have been done in the downtown area to help this cause out

to us wrestling fans this is the super bowl...non stop action...plenty of socializing and great wrestling...i you have never been before it is hard to explain...my favorite week every year!

congrats soro once again....i know he is ready to make some noise

Comment

If it was just the DI tourney in Omaha this weekend, it would be a piece of cake -- Qwest has hosted an NCAA men's bb regional, the NCAA volleyball Final Four, Olympic swim trials, etc. But in addition to the DI wrestling tourney, that other little college in Omaha no longer to be mentioned by name on this board, is hosting the DII national wrestling tourney. I'd guess hotel rooms could be scarce.
            @JacksFanInNeb

I've always believed that if someone wants to run a country, he should know how to run a tractor first.
            --Steve Hartman, CBS Sunday

Comment

tournament is next week
              D 2 tourney is this weekend...and the hotels wouldve been very scarced...as they are already for next weekend...if both were at the same time

the quest center will be great..not a bad seat there

Comment

just got this sent to me from NCAA wrestling

Hey NCAA WRESTLING FANS! Tickets for the championships have SOLD OUT, but you can still catch all the championship action next week by going to NCAA.com/wrestling

18k tickets sold..gonna be a great week...go SORO

Comment

Working...
                X