Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Ndsu

Originally posted by MontanaRabbit View Post
    .... If he can win his junior and senior seasons that would make him only the 2nd person (I believe) in SD wrestling history to win 6. I fear he is out of the Jacks league, but you never know.
    The other one being Hannon Hisek (sp?) from Bon Homme? Was it him or one of the Wellman's?

Comment

Maybe this is the shot in the arm the program needed to begin the climb back.

Comment

Originally posted by RabbitinTea View Post
        The other one being Hannon Hisek (sp?) from Bon Homme? Was it him or one of the Wellman's?
        Class B
        6-time winner
        Kirk Wallman - Freeman 84-89

5-time winners
        Lincoln McIlravy - Philip 88-92
        Hannon Hisek - Bon Homme 94-98

Class A
        No 6 or 5-time winners but 3 4-time winners

4-time winners
        Rick Jensen - Watertown 71-74
        Nick Smith - Yankton 01-04
        Dustin Walraven - Huron 04-08 Current Jackrabbit

Comment

I guess I was half right...kinda. Anyway, nice post Mitchell.

Comment

Coach Bucky of the bison made a comment after the match that I bet he wants back. "We lost to a team that shouldn't even be on the mat with us"
            That just makes this win even better. It seems that this statement is one that the most Bison fans have had in about all sports comparing their "elite" bison to our "second rate" jacks. But to me that's the difference between us and them. They might have better facitilities, more money, and higher rated players/recruits in most sports but they are missing the most important thing, HEART and that's what the jacks have.

Comment

I hate to sound too ignorant when it comes to the wrestling program, but I was always under the impression that the team wasn't as bad as they are being portrayed. Has this been the case since the move (wasn't wrestling fast-tracked)? I have tried to keep up with the program, but have been terribly lax on it...
              -South Dakotan by birth, a Jackrabbit by choice.

Comment

Originally posted by lakecojack View Post
                Coach Bucky of the bison made a comment after the match that I bet he wants back. "We lost to a team that shouldn't even be on the mat with us"
                That just makes this win even better. It seems that this statement is one that the most Bison fans have had in about all sports comparing their "elite" bison to our "second rate" jacks. But to me that's the difference between us and them. They might have better facitilities, more money, and higher rated players/recruits in most sports but they are missing the most important thing, HEART and that's what the jacks have.
                I really doubt he does. His statement had to do with the fact they were facing a struggling 1-11 team, not the fact it was "SDSU" and we think we are better in everything. I wouldn't say "most" Bison fans think that. I would say quite the opposite is true; most Bison fans have a lot of respect for SDSU.

Nice win for Jacks. It just proves why you play the games. Best of luck the rest of the year.

Comment

Originally posted by mitchell View Post
                  Class B
                  6-time winner
                  Kirk Wallman - Freeman 84-89

5-time winners
                  Lincoln McIlravy - Philip 88-92
                  Hannon Hisek - Bon Homme 94-98

Class A
                  No 6 or 5-time winners but 3 4-time winners

4-time winners
                  Rick Jensen - Watertown 71-74
                  Nick Smith - Yankton 01-04
                  Dustin Walraven - Huron 04-08 Current Jackrabbit
                  That is correct, Kirk Wallman, from Freeman currently is the only 6 time champ. He was 201-0 in his high school wrestling career. That is simply amazing to me.

The only person I could see beating Storley is Robert Kokesh of Wagner. I believe they wrestled once this year and Storley beat him. But the are now in separate weight classes. Kokesh is a Nebraska recruit I believe.

Pretty sure Storly will be only the second person in the US to win 6 state titles as I don't see anyone who will beat him this year or next year.

Comment

nope, thats not it.

Comment

Originally posted by are you serious View Post
                      nope, thats not it.
                      And with that we say goodbye once more to our good friend CCdeville.

Comment

Originally posted by SoDakJack View Post
                        I hate to sound too ignorant when it comes to the wrestling program, but I was always under the impression that the team wasn't as bad as they are being portrayed. Has this been the case since the move (wasn't wrestling fast-tracked)? I have tried to keep up with the program, but have been terribly lax on it...
                        Your impression is accurate. The team has some good talent. They've been poised to start surprising some people. NDSU was the first but won't be the last. We have some excellent young talent and we're recruiting well.

Comment

good to see some wrestling talk going on this board..being a wrestling guy this is great

sdsu is on the right track, but needs support. They are not at the scholorship allowment yet and do not have a full time asst coach (one of only a few at the D 1 Level).

This win for them is huge and shows the progress of the future. The recruiting class coming in is great and will only get better. Remember also they have 2 young men that cant not compete anymore (injuries) that they still have helping coach (Bonte and Kulseth) that were poised for greatness before career endings happend

Congrats SDSU wrestlers and coach liles on a great win.

Reminder that the NCAA West Regional Qualifier for D 1 tournament is held in Frost on March 6th. Come out and support the JACKS

Comment

Working...
                          X