2024-2025 Lineup

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2024-2025 Lineup

Losing some vets. What will the lineup look like? Will we take a step back?

Most of the weights are filled but that leaves 141, 165 and 197 open. At 141, I could see Caleb Gross or one of the freshman that redshirted this year. Not sure about 165 but I imagine 197 will be between Thomas Dineen or Cody Donnelly.

125: Tanner Jordan(senior)
    133: Derrick Cardinal (junior)
    141:
    149: Alek Martin(junior)
    157: Cael Swenson(junior)
    165:
    174: Cade Devos(senior)
    184: Bennet Berge(sophomore)
    197:
    285: Luke Rasmussen(sophomore)
    "This is your life and it's ending one minute at a time." -Tyler Durden

Comment

If Donnelly can stay healthy, he will have a chance. He keeps battling injury.

Comment

Originally posted by witness View Post
        Most of the weights are filled but that leaves 141, 165 and 197 open. At 141, I could see Caleb Gross or one of the freshman that redshirted this year. Not sure about 165 but I imagine 197 will be between Thomas Dineen or Cody Donnelly.

141:
        165:
        197:
        is Devos locked in to return? totally not trying to doubt anyone!!! i am just ignorant about his situation and asking for info. it would be awesome to have him back and you would think a healthy Devos should have a great year

the PSU guy is gone at the top of 174. pretty sure the OSU kid that got second is a freshman and ISU has a stud at this weight too, but Devos should be able to compete with anyone

speaking of who returns around the country, what is the thought on Keckeisen returning or not at 184? Plott is also back i believe. wish Berge would have gotten a shot to wrestle at least one of them in KC. he gave Plott all he could handle at our OSU duel

197 is losing a ton nationally correct? Brooks, Hidlay, Sloan, and Elam are all gone arent they?

Comment

Originally posted by LetsGoRabbits View Post

is Devos locked in to return? totally not trying to doubt anyone!!! i am just ignorant about his situation and asking for info. it would be awesome to have him back and you would think a healthy Devos should have a great year

the PSU guy is gone at the top of 174. pretty sure the OSU kid that got second is a freshman and ISU has a stud at this weight too, but Devos should be able to compete with anyone

speaking of who returns around the country, what is the thought on Keckeisen returning or not at 184? Plott is also back i believe. wish Berge would have gotten a shot to wrestle at least one of them in KC. he gave Plott all he could handle at our OSU duel

197 is losing a ton nationally correct? Brooks, Hidlay, Sloan, and Elam are all gone arent they?
          DeVos has a covid year left and he’s said in the past that he’s using it. Keegan O’Toole might be moving up to 174 next year and 197 loses a lot but Rocky has a covid year left
          "This is your life and it's ending one minute at a time." -Tyler Durden

Comment

Any update on Martins injury? Was it severe enough to keep him out a majority of the year?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by witness View Post

141:
              165:
              197:
              Jackrabbits tend to improve a ton over the course of their true freshman years. Avery Allen has had a sneaky good year despite being a completely unheralded recruit. I think that he can lock down 141 and win more than he loses. Thomas Dineen did fairly well at 197 after a rough start to the year, but he did get majored by Cody Donnelly. You have to favor Donnelly to start the year, but I could definitely see Dineen stepping it up and reaching his potential this coming season, especially with this coaching staff. 165 is going to be a rough one. It might be best for Swensen to move up to 165 for the team so that Martin, Kimball, and Dupill can fill out 149 and 157. If Swensen doesn't move up, I would rather have one of the backup 149s bulk up to try 165 than to have one of our other current 165s slide into the weight. The Jack Thomsen loss was a painful one. He would have started this year and next for the Jacks. It also would have been super nice if they could have gotten Cael Carlson when he was in the portal he would have fit in nicely and he could have kept our Carlson streak alive.

Comment

Working...
              X