Tournament Season 2024

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Bozemaniac View Post
    Jordan got caught out in overtime with a takedown. Goes down 5-2. Will wrestle for 7th.
    that sucked. Jordan was the aggressor for the majority of the match. had the leg near the end of regulation and the other guy ran got out of bounds as fast as he could.

why did Jordan not get a reversal in the first period? looked like smith got a reversal and then Jordan got a reversal in response and then they just gave him a 1 point escape. sorry if i am misunderstanding something and this is a dumb question. i admit i am far from an expert

Comment

Originally posted by AZjack View Post
      Poor start to the tourney turned around. If Carlson had been healthy during the year, that would have been 5. The future is bright with this program. Sloan needs to get back to the finals. He can do it.
      i also think Swenson wrestled a lot better than some will think when they see or hear that he did not even reach the blood round. he wrestled Teemer from ASU toe to toe and lost on a takedown late in OT. then Teemer went on to blitz his way to the finals

seemed like every time i saw Swenson this year he was in a tight match one way or the other

Comment

Originally posted by LetsGoRabbits View Post

that sucked. Jordan was the aggressor for the majority of the match. had the leg near the end of regulation and the other guy ran got out of bounds as fast as he could.

why did Jordan not get a reversal in the first period? looked like smith got a reversal and then Jordan got a reversal in response and then they just gave him a 1 point escape. sorry if i am misunderstanding something and this is a dumb question. i admit i am far from an expert
        I thought he got the reversal back as well, but I also don't know enough about the technicalities. He may not have gained control before they were out of bounds (?) but I'm not sure.

That near takedown from Jordan was so close. Lame that it was only stall #1.

Comment

Swenson wrestled well and gave Teemer a great match. I thought he had it.

Comment

DeVos wins 5-3.

Comment

Sloan goes down 4-1.

Comment

Berge absolutely demolishes Key 17-2 for a TF.

Comment

I thought he got the reversal back as well, but I also don't know enough about the technicalities. He may not have gained control before they were out of bounds (?) but I'm not sure.

That near takedown from Jordan was so close. Lame that it was only stall #1.
                  i honestly thought i saw the official signal 2 for reversal. i thought they reversed the call later, but i guess i probably did not see correctly. anyway, I really thought Jordan wrestled his butt off. if you are gonna go out that is the way to do it!! he went down going for it to the very end and I thought the other guy got every break

Comment

wow!! i guess we gotta just chalk up the first match yesterday to first time NCAA nerves. Berge looks great again taking down Pinto from the huskers to be our 4th AA!!
                    Nerves or something. Every other match he has looked like a champion wrestler. He's going to be a force the next three years.

Comment

Sloan goes down 4-1.
                      not being someone who follows all the other teams, i did not know how accomplished Hidlay was. he was excellent. but Sloan did a great job from start to finish. it is SO HARD for me to think of Sloan as an underdog, but he made the favorite earn it

i will always be sad that Sloan did not come away with that trophy last year, but he is a champion without question!! just been nothing but a class act and an incredible representative for Jackrabbit wrestling and athletics in general!!

Comment

Nerves or something. Every other match he has looked like a champion wrestler. He's going to be a force the next three years.
                        100% he has been a total savage! very sadly, it is not hard to imagine some big 10 schools coming after him with their pocketbooks out

Comment

100% he has been a total savage! very sadly, it is not hard to imagine some big 10 schools coming after him with their pocketbooks out
                          Let em come! It’s not like he just popped on the radar. He’s a former top recruit and age level world medalist. He came to sdsu for a reason and his brothers on staff. I’m hoping he can possible get into pat kennedys ear and transfer here! Worked great for the last former Hawkeye!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Absolute blast watching the jackrabbits in person today and yesterday! Love being an alumni to this school getting to watch the high quality performances we get! The SDSU crowd is rowdy as well! Love the way we travel to support our programs hitting Frisco for football and now KC for wrestling! Hats off to Jordan, Devos, Berge, and Sloan! Believe this is our first time with 4 AAs? Hahn and staff has us rolling in the right direction love watching a team on the rise!

Comment

Are they going to come with a coach like Hahn? Hopefully that helps insulate us, as well as our facilities. I heard the commentators earlier this morning talking up the Kurtenbach Center with high praise. Of course the B1G is the B1G, but I think our program is on a remarkable trajectory.

Comment

They’ll come and we may lose one or two but the program isn’t going anywhere.

Can’t fault a young man for taking life changing money.

Comment

Working...
                                X