Tournament Season 2024

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bigticket1 View Post

Have to wonder if he's 100%. Didn't look himself in Tulsa, and now gets blitzed by the 24 seed.
    definitely has not seemed like the same wrestler we had against OU, OSU, and Missouri coming down the stretch

Comment

Originally posted by LetsGoRabbits View Post

definitely has not seemed like the same wrestler we had against OU, OSU, and Missouri coming down the stretch
      Odd thing to say about a freshman, but that looked like the old Berge in the wrestlebacks.

Comment

Odd thing to say about a freshman, but that looked like the old Berge in the wrestlebacks.
        what is odd? i was saying earlier in the year he looked confident and locked in. he looked different at the Big 12s and first match today. and YESSSSSS he looked great against Wolf this evening. i was responding to an earlier post that was wondering if he has an injury. there is zero insult in my comment!! Bergie has had a fantastic freshman year and looks like he will be one of our best wrestlers for years to come, with a VERY exciting future!!

he has had 3 matches now against Wolf in the last 2 weeks. you must be able to see that one looked a lot different than the others. going forward i am hoping he continues to look like the guy who wrestled Wolf tonight and not the one who wrestled him two weeks ago. i apologize if that seems odd to you, but i venture most understand the point i was making

edit- i went back and looked. it was YOUR comment i was responding to. you are the one who said he does not look like himself. maybe you misunderstood something about my comment. i was agreeing with you, basically i said the same thing. you said, "Have to wonder if he's 100%. Didn't look himself in Tulsa." equals- "has not seemed like the same wrestler."

sorry i really dont want to make this a big deal (and I wont), but i am confused by your comment

Comment

Meant that it's ironic to want the old version of someone who hasn't even finished his first season.

Comment

Holy crap I would say! He laid it on Wolf. Have to wonder how much of that first round loss was nerves. His first time on that stage.

Comment

i was trying to watch both teams, apparently i was usually flipping back to wrestling at the wrong time. saw Sloan and Bergie dominate. saw Swenson lose in the closing seconds of OT. what about the others?

Comment

Originally posted by MontanaRabbit View Post

Holy crap I would say! He laid it on Wolf. Have to wonder how much of that first round loss was nerves. His first time on that stage.
                You would think that nerves wouldn't be a thing with the international experience he has, but it shows just how big a deal this tournament is.

Comment

Originally posted by LetsGoRabbits View Post
                  i was trying to watch both teams, apparently i was usually flipping back to wrestling at the wrong time. saw Sloan and Bergie dominate. saw Swenson lose in the closing seconds of OT. what about the others?
                  DeVos had a good match. Got taken down early but fought back. I missed the earlier matches on the consolation side.

Comment

Jordan advances 11-4. Cardinal drops his match 14-8.

Comment

Swensen wins 8-5.

Comment

DeVos drops a 4-2 decision in the quarterfinals. Couldn't secure a takedown.

Comment

Sure looked like Berge got a takedown and then got reversed. They gave Malczewski the takedown. Currently challenging it.

Comment

Won the challenge.

Comment

Berge fights for a takedown with 15 seconds left and kills off the ride time to win 7-6!

Comment

And at the same time Sloan TFs Deprez to advance to the semis! Another All-American showing.

Comment

Working...
                                X