Tournament Season 2024

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Bozemaniac View Post

That sucked. Also Jordan losing 1-0 on riding time.
    for sure!! a 0-1 loss sucks!! but that kid did dominate from the top the whole match and Jordan never had a lead obviously. Carlson, on the other hand, had the lead and was literally one second away from winning the match

but yes, all of our losses today have been disappointing. it is kind of never a surprise with Cook, but he was the favorite in that match

Comment

Sloan wins by fall. Berge drops a 4-1 decision.

Comment

Not going to say i have seen every match this year, but both matches today were the worst I have seen Berge look. I thought he was a very serious threat to beat the OSU kid and get to the finals here. hopefully he looks like himself the rest of the way and this loss turns out to be a big motivation for NCAA finals

Sloan is one of the most enjoyable wrestlers, i have ever watched. has anyone been as dominant so far today in this tournament? it is amazing that someone can be as good as he is and be as much of an underdog as he will be against the PSU kid

Comment

Bummed that I've got some SDSU stuff to watch on ESPN+, only to have ESPN+ not work for me. Hopefully can catch some of the night session matches, especially since I probably can't watch any of the basketball games.

Comment

Cook out with an injury in his consolation match.

Comment

Originally posted by Bozemaniac View Post
              Cook out with an injury in his consolation match.
              Tough way for his career to end
              "This is your life and it's ending one minute at a time." -Tyler Durden

Comment

great second period from Devos. it is always impressive when someone can ride out an entire period. Sloan seems determinded to end his career with the absolute best wrestling of his career. two wins by first period fall and a 15-0 tech fall with about 2 minutes of riding time under his belt to boot.

hoping for Berge to look like himself this session

Comment

Jordan, Cardinal, Swenson, DeVos, Sloan are auto qualifiers, Carlson & Berge each need to win one more, Martin and Rasmussen are wrestling for 7th, Martin wins and he has a really good chance of getting an at large bid, Rasmussen has an outside shot of getting an at large bid if he gets 7th depending on how the rest of the conferences across the country went at 285, Carlson and Berge should get at large bids even if they finish 6th but if they get 5th or better they are automatically in. Outside shot of 9 qualifying

Comment

SDSU is in 3rd ahead of Missouri going into the finals by 2.5 points. If OToole wins at 165, DeVos and Sloan will both need to win since Sloan has Elam in the finals. OToole gets upset by Carr and DeVos wins, SDSU will lock up 3rd. Finals start at 6:30 central on ESPN2

Comment

Martin finished 7th one spot out from auto qualifying but earned a spot for the conference and should get an at large, Rasmussen might be a long shot unless he moves back into the rankings for an at large because he didn’t earn a spot for the conference and finished 2 spots back at 7th. As it stands they have 7 qualified and I would put money on Martin getting in too, so they will at least tie the program record for most qualifiers.

Comment

De Vos wins 6-4!

Comment

Sloan wins 1-0!

Based on what benny said, I think that means the Jacks secure 3rd behind ISU and OSU. They also have two Big XII champs, and I think only UNI had two champs as well.

Comment

Sloan wins 1-0, SDSU finishes 3rd

Comment

Originally posted by bennymj171 View Post
                              Sloan wins 1-0, SDSU finishes 3rd
                              About 10 years ago who would have ever thought this program would finish 3rd in the Big XII? Impressive performance.

Edit: Apparently we’ve placed 3rd a couple other times. I’d say the Big XII wasn’t as good as it currently is back then.
                              Last edited by MontanaRabbit; 03-10-2024, 10:05 PM.

Comment

Martin picks up an at large bid, SDSU has 8 national qualifiers now.

Comment

Working...
                                X