Tournament Season 2024

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tournament Season 2024

Let the championship chatter begin!! The way the season has gone so far SDSU has a legitimate shot of DeVos, Berge & Sloan making the finals at D1's. I know I'm probably out of my mind but how much fun would it be to see 3 jacks wrestle back to back to back in the national finals! In my opinion this is the best team the Jacks have ever assembled, 8 guys with very legit shots to AA and it isn't out of the realm of possibilities that all 10 qualify.

What is the record for most qualifiers? We had 3 AA a few years back right? Gross, Alex Kocer, and some kid I can't remember???

Comment

Originally posted by MontanaRabbit View Post
      What is the record for most qualifiers? We had 3 AA a few years back right? Gross, Alex Kocer, and some kid I can't remember???
      8 is the most they have ever gotten in and that was last season, 3 AA's in 2018 Gross, David Kocer and Zilverberg

Comment

Conference pre-allocations
        https://www.ncaa.com/news/wrestling/...locations-2024

Comment

Just looking at Flo Big-12 rankings, everyone is in position to earn at auto-qualifier but Carlson, Cook, and Rasmussen. With at-large bids, I think they'll probably qualify between seven and nine wrestlers. Devos, Berge, and Sloan and in pretty much no matter what they do at conference. Jordan, Cardinal, Martin, and Swenson are all pretty safe even if they don't qualify at big-12s, but a really bad tournament could sink them. Carlson has an outside shot at an at-large bid as long as he does well at big-12s. Cook, and Rasmussen absolutely need to qualify at big-12 if they are going to qualify at all.

Comment

Originally posted by TheWombat View Post
            Just looking at Flo Big-12 rankings, everyone is in position to earn at auto-qualifier but Carlson, Cook, and Rasmussen. With at-large bids, I think they'll probably qualify between seven and nine wrestlers. Devos, Berge, and Sloan and in pretty much no matter what they do at conference. Jordan, Cardinal, Martin, and Swenson are all pretty safe even if they don't qualify at big-12s, but a really bad tournament could sink them. Carlson has an outside shot at an at-large bid as long as he does well at big-12s. Cook, and Rasmussen absolutely need to qualify at big-12 if they are going to qualify at all.
            I could be wrong but I think I seen that Carlson had at least 2 of 3 criteria’s for an auto-qualifying spot. I haven’t looked at the big 12 rankings in a bit, did they have anything written on the rankings about the auto qualifiers? Otherwise I agree with everything else written

Comment

Big 12 brackets, except 165 & 285 if they wrestle to or above their seed they will qualify, Cook & Rasmussen are going to need to pull off some upsets
              https://big12sports.com/news/2024/3/...announced.aspx

Comment

Big 12 tournament in no joke!!

Comment

can i get a little help?
                  got home late. did not get to see Jordan and Cardinal. how did they do? obviously there are a LOT of good wrestlers in the BIG 12 and there are going to be a lot of very competitive matches. was Martin first round supposed to be that tight?

Comment

Originally posted by LetsGoRabbits View Post
                    can i get a little help?
                    got home late. did not get to see Jordan and Cardinal. how did they do? obviously there are a LOT of good wrestlers in the BIG 12 and there are going to be a lot of very competitive matches. was Martin first round supposed to be that tight?
                    Jordan won by fall, Cardinal won 8-3. If you are on Twitter, follow Jackrabbit Wrestling. They give updates on every match.

Comment

Originally posted by bigticket1 View Post

Jordan won by fall, Cardinal won 8-3. If you are on Twitter, follow Jackrabbit Wrestling. They give updates on every match.
                      thank you!! no X for me, but i have Instagram. i bet they do the same thing there. not much of a social media person, dont always think about that. thanks again

Comment

https://www.trackwrestling.com/prede...nId=vzjqfbeulg

Won’t let me link direct to team results page at Track Wrestling. Go to the next page in the link and click on Big 12 championships. Under event menu you can select team results.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

painful loss by carlson giving up the take down as time expired. and the other end of the spectrum, great win by Swenson over the OSU kid. he should have had him at the dual in Stillwater and gets his revenge today

Comment

Originally posted by LetsGoRabbits View Post
                            painful loss by carlson giving up the take down as time expired.
                            That sucked. Also Jordan losing 1-0 on riding time.

Comment

So far Cardinal, Swensen, De Vos into the semis tonight. Berge, Sloan, and Rasmussen still to go this session.

Comment

Working...
                              X