Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2/18/24 #11 SDSU hosts #7 Mizzou

Big dual in town this afternoon.

Really disappointed with the admins promotion of the wrestling program. Bleacher bum deals for numerous basketball games but not a single one for wrestling. Most people don’t even know there is a big time dual today.

No Clay

Comment

SDSU decided to follow in Penn States footsteps and keep the music rolling a lower volume during the matches.

Comment

on the live stats, it does not show the rankings of individual wrestlers. Jordan got beaten fairly handily. was that expected? Swenson? any news why Carlson did not wrestle? finally, I am guessing the younger Elam is ranked and was definitely supposed to beat Rasmussen. did we have any reason to hope he could avoid giving up bonus points, let alone getting pinned in 30 seconds?

Comment

Originally posted by LetsGoRabbits View Post
          on the live stats, it does not show the rankings of individual wrestlers. Jordan got beaten fairly handily. was that expected? Swenson? any news why Carlson did not wrestle? finally, I am guessing the younger Elam is ranked and was definitely supposed to beat Rasmussen. did we have any reason to hope he could avoid giving up bonus points, let alone getting pinned in 30 seconds?
          The hvywt. Elam was seeded # 5. Jordan and Swenson both lost to better seeds .

Comment

Originally posted by bigticket1 View Post

The hvywt. Elam was seeded # 5. Jordan and Swenson both lost to better seeds .
            Thank You ticket!
            obviously being ranked at #7, I knew they had good wrestlers and that we would be the underdog in several matches. Just wondered what was expected. it seems about correct that the #7 team defeats the #11 team by two points, but it also seems like maybe if Carlson can go we have a good shot to knock them off

were there any big surprises in the results? of did everyone win who was supposed to win?

I just cannot stop feeling crappy for Sloan. I feel like there is no reason he could not have won that final match last year, but now getting his championship is going to take a bit of a miracle, probably more than a bit. he is a really amazing wrestler!! it is going to feel disappointing for him to never stand on top of the final podium

one last thing, Berge let his guy today score a couple points at the end of the match to stop him from getting bonus points. last week, he had the OSU guy beaten until the last 30 seconds. is it possible that he is tiring out a little at the end of his matches? (yes i know the OSU guy is an animal)

Comment

Originally posted by salemjack View Post
              Big dual in town this afternoon.

Really disappointed with the admins promotion of the wrestling program. Bleacher bum deals for numerous basketball games but not a single one for wrestling. Most people don’t even know there is a big time dual today.
              There were several groups on buses for match. The crowd was 2000-2500 as I guess. There is always cutouts of wrestlers around town[e.g. HyVee-Runnings etc] promoting time and date of match. Reserved season tickets average $8.33/match. I am not sure what walk-up tickets might cost. They could make more noise about the #11 vs #7 wrestling happening in Brookings.
              Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

FAREWELL FROST ARENA!

Purchase a ticket for ANY of the remaining events in Frost Arena at a discounted rate! There is limited availability for each event & purchases can only be made online at GoJacks.com/PromoCode (code = FAREWELLFROST).

REMAINING EVENTS:
                Thursday, February 22 » Men's Basketball vs Denver at 7pm
                Saturday, February 24 » Men's Basketball vs St. Thomas at 2pm*
                Sunday, February 25 » Wrestling vs North Dakota State at 2pm*
                Thursday, February 29 » Women's Basketball vs North Dakota at 7pm
                Saturday, March 2 » Women's Basketball vs North Dakota State at 2pm*
                Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

And there is another promo for wrestling..
                  As a token of our appreciation, we want to give thanks to our loyal season ticket holders. We would like to offer you FOUR (4) COMPLIMENTARY TICKETS to the Border Bell wrestling dual this Sunday, February 25 against North Dakota State at 2pm to use for family, friends, neighbors, or bring someone who has never experienced Frost Arena! If you need additional tickets, you can purchase discounted tickets by using the code FAREWELLFROST.

Comment

Originally posted by OldHare View Post
                    And there is another promo for wrestling..
                    As a token of our appreciation, we want to give thanks to our loyal season ticket holders. We would like to offer you FOUR (4) COMPLIMENTARY TICKETS to the Border Bell wrestling dual this Sunday, February 25 against North Dakota State at 2pm to use for family, friends, neighbors, or bring someone who has never experienced Frost Arena! If you need additional tickets, you can purchase discounted tickets by using the code FAREWELLFROST.
                    Proof Sell reads the forum

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by salemjack View Post

Proof Sell reads the forum

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                      They're doing the same thing for BB. This was likely in the works long before the topic came up here.

Comment

They're doing the same thing for BB. This was likely in the works long before the topic came up here.
                        I have not seen the complimentary tickets for basketball. The wrestling has 4 free tickets for season ticket holders.

Comment

Not a chance. There aren’t very many basketball tickets available.

Sell is subscribed to SalemJack content

Comment

Originally posted by OldHare View Post

I have not seen the complimentary tickets for basketball. The wrestling has 4 free tickets for season ticket holders.
                            I was referring to the Farewell to Frost discounted tickets. Mens BB is offering free tickets tomorrow night for Military Appreciation night.

Comment

I was referring to the Farewell to Frost discounted tickets. Mens BB is offering free tickets tomorrow night for Military Appreciation night.
                              Is that for anyone or military people only?

Comment

Working...
                              X