Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• U of OK Dual

Here is my best guess
    125: #13 Jordan vs Hendriksen Hendriksen is a solid kid but Jordan has been pretty salty lately himself 3-0 Jacks
    133: #17 Cardinal vs Koelzer Koelzer got the better of Cardinal last year in ot but Cardinal looks outstanding and Koelzer is just over .500 7-0 Jacks
    141: #22 Carlson vs Smith Carlson could push for the major here 10-0 Jacks
    149: #22 Martin vs McDougald Martin has looked really good this year but McDougald hasn't given up a major yet this year 13-0 Jacks
    157: #17 Swensen vs #33 Hill Swensen beat him twice by dec at Big 12's last year, expect the same 16-0 jacks
    165: Cook vs #29 Carlson they have never wrestled but I'm guessing the OK staff will be better prepared for Tanner than Utah was, if Carlson is shooting a lot this goes our way for 6 16-3 Jacks
    174: #4 Devos vs Picklo they split last year but DeVos looks different this year 19-3 Jacks
    184: #8 Berge vs Berryhill or Hoose he should torch either one 23-3 Jacks
    197: #5 Sloan vs #3 Buchanan they are 1-1 over their career Buchanan won the last one, Tanner's turn 26-3 Jacks
    285: Rasmussen vs #14 Heindselman should be a close match, Luke please prove me wrong 26-6 Jacks

Wombat what do you say man? I could see 133, 157, 165, 197 & HWT being different than what I put down.

the dual is being streamed on espn+ GETJACKED

What time is the dual

Comment

Originally posted by salemjack View Post
      What time is the dual
      7:00. Both this and the Oklahoma State dual are supposed to be on ESPN+.

Comment

Much harder fought dual by Oklahoma than I expected. They were tough on their feet and kept matches close when I thought our guys should have been scoring and opening things up

Comment

Definitely not the best performance out of the Jacks, hoping it is an illness because most of them looked off from the first whistle

Comment

Originally posted by bennymj171 View Post
            Definitely not the best performance out of the Jacks, hoping it is an illness because most of them looked off from the first whistle
            If that's what it is, hopefully it's a less than 24 hour bug.

Comment

I enjoy wrestling a lot, but i have a lot more knowledge about other sports, so I definitely trust the observations of others more than my own.

that said, I did not really feel like any of our wrestlers really had a satisfying performance. I give Carlson credit for doing what he was supposed to do. he wrestled someone who apparently should have looked overmatched and he did make it look that way. it seemed like he was our best performer on the night

I have no idea how hurt, or not, Buchanon really is / was? He was on the mat so he has to be respected. I give Sloan credit for wrestling to the whistle in period one and getting the last second take down! after that he seemed to be pretty defensive. not saying i have seen all of Sloan's matches, but this was unusual in the matches i have seen. in my experience he has always been a guy who wrestles with his foot on the gas and keeps the other guy under pressure.

our other top wrestlers seemed to let lesser opponents hang around and let them have chances to steal matches in the final moments, and the toss ups all seemed to go in favor of the Sooners

if a more knowledgeable wrestling fan says everything i just said is wrong i wont be surprised. i would also be happy to know that i am wrong and we wrestled better than i thought!!

is it possible our guys were looking past the Sooners and thinking about OSU tomorrow? I was hoping tonight would be the start of a great finish to the regular season leading us into the post season on a big roll

Comment

is there any reason to think there is / was an issue with illness? or you are just being hopeful?

Comment

Originally posted by LetsGoRabbits View Post

is there any reason to think there is / was an issue with illness? or you are just being hopeful?
                  Just being hopeful

Comment

Just being hopeful
                    did my eyes lie to me? Carlson did what he was supposed to do against an overmatched opponent and no other Jacks wrestler had a particularly successful performance

Comment

thoughts on todays match? were the Jacks looking ahead last night?
                      seems OSU deserves their own thread but I think someone more knowledgeable about wrestling should be the one to do that

my wildly uneducated guesses (i dont do predictions. too superstitious)

OSU seem to be strong favorites at:
                      133- is Fix back here or did something happen to Jamison and Fix staying at 141? i feel like i do remember Cardinal giving Fix a very solid match last year
                      165- we are probably in danger of a fall or tech fall here? no?
                      HWT

OSU favorites:
                      141- either Fix or Jamison is favored over Carlson (Fix a bigger fav i would guess) am i giving Carlson too much credit? I am not saying he is gonna win, but i think he battles and makes it a tough match against either one
                      184- gonna be very interesting to see how Berge responds to this

Jacks seem to be strong favorites:
                      197- or does OSU have a better 197 than the one who wrestled Elam from MIZZ

Jacks favorites:
                      133- i would guess Cardinal would be the fav, if he wrestles Smith who took the win vs MIZZ
                      149- Martin did not look good last night. also, as i have said, i am NOT the most educated wrestling fan!! but it feels like he should be a solid favorite here, unless they have stronger wrestler here than J Williams

NO clear favorite:

from what i see, and that might not be everything i need to see, I feel like the Jacks have a solid shot to win half the matches (Jordan and Swenson need to get good wins in a couple close tough matches). If it is 5 matches to five then it comes down to bonus points. otherwise we need to pull off at least one significant upset. those seem most likely at 141, 184, or HWT. assuming Fix is back at 133 upsets at 133 and 165 seem nearly impossible

Comment

Getting worked tonight. 1 takedown through 5 matches. Just flat out getting out toughed

Comment

Thought Berge was going to pull that off, he just showed he can be in the finals at NCAA’s

Comment

Thought Berge was going to pull that off, he just showed he can be in the finals at NCAA’s
                            Berge is legit. He gave Plott all he wanted.

Carlson looked more like himself. Should have probably won his match.

Cardinal riding out Fix for the entire 3rd period was impressive.

Jordan, Martin, and Swenson really didn’t compete. Pretty disappointing as those were toss up matches.

Comment

yeah i thought he was gaining momentum the whole match and it turned on him in just the last maybe 25 seconds, but he definitely proved he can be a threat to anyone. thought Carlson was going to get it done too

Comment

Working...
                              X