VS Michigan 01/04/2024

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• VS Michigan 01/04/2024

On paper according to rankings, Michigan wins 7 matches. Wrestlestat has Michigan winning 9 matches. I personally have it 5 matches each team with SDSU having more bonus.

I believe the Jacks will have an upset at 125 or 133. I honestly couldn’t pick which one as I think both matches are toss-ups and the Jacks lightweights are both wrestling above their ranking and both looking like potential All-Americans. Carlson has to win, period. Martin, Swenson, and Rasmussen have tall task and cannot give up bonus.

Michigan. - SDSU
    (10) DeAugustino - (18) Jordan - mich 3
    (7) Cannon - (17) Cardinal - sdsu 3
    (33) Lemley - (8) Carlson - sdsu 3
    (NR) Gomez - (NR) Martin - mich 3
    (8) Lewan - (18) Swenson - mich 3
    (5) Amine - (28) Cook - mich 4
    (10) Griffith - (3) DeVos - sdsu 3
    (12) Bullock - (24) Berge - sdsu 3
    (NR) Striggow - (5) Sloan - sdsu 5
    (4) Davison - (NR) Rasmussen - mich 3

final score Michigan 16 - SDSU 17

with SDSU at full strength I could see us sniffing the top 10 of both dual rankings and tournament rankings.

It’s awesome having this on Midco, I’d love to see more of that.

Comment

Like the Dead Sea around here. I watched the match but can someone with more knowledge tell me their thoughts.

Comment

I didn't watch, but I did talk to a high school kid that wrestles and he was pretty fired up about it. A win like that has got to help recruiting. Kids are noticing if they hadn't already.
        One hand points to campus...the other to the liquor store.

Comment

I could figure out how watch (WTF if Midco?) but I was following along. A big win for the Jacks, but with the line-up that Michigan sent out, they were probably favored. This is a good win for Berge and it will help with ranking and seeding. Carlson is having a pretty awful stretch coming out of his injury. I have no doubt the he will bounce back and be his old self in time, but he is really messing up his seeding with some of these losses. They have a stretch of very easy meets for them until they come up against Missouri and Okie State. We should be able to look back at this as a successful dual season with a marquee win like this.

Comment

Originally posted by TheWombat View Post
            I could figure out how watch (WTF if Midco?) but I was following along. A big win for the Jacks, but with the line-up that Michigan sent out, they were probably favored. This is a good win for Berge and it will help with ranking and seeding. Carlson is having a pretty awful stretch coming out of his injury. I have no doubt the he will bounce back and be his old self in time, but he is really messing up his seeding with some of these losses. They have a stretch of very easy meets for them until they come up against Missouri and Okie State. We should be able to look back at this as a successful dual season with a marquee win like this.
            Thanx. These duals are fun for us fans to watch but depending on the lineup they don't always paint an accurate picture.

Comment

Working...
            X