Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Air Force

https://gojacks.com/news/2023/1/29/w...eaches-10.aspx

How good is Wyatt Hendrickson? AJ had no answer for him, AF has a pretty good team and will surely keep getting better.

Comment

Let's just say, I'm glad he'll be serving our nation. Man is a beast!

It was nice to watch this compared to Friday night. To say that UNC is bush league is being to kind. Not just Fernandez either.

Comment

So, I think we have a pretty solid line-up, but if you had to pick SDSU's three weakest weights, they would be 125, 133, and 149. We have a person at each of those weights who could make a case towards being better than the starter; Meredith, Tagg and Kimball. These people have wrestled a combined zero matches this year. How is it that nobody within the program felt compelled to tell the fans what's going on throughout almost an entire season? I'm trying to be a fan, help me out here. There are weekly updates, podcasts, radio apearance, email from Hahn and I never miss one. How has nobody brought up these three enormous question marks?

Comment

I wish Tyler would ask coaches in all sports those kind of questions sometimes.

Comment

Originally posted by TheWombat View Post
            So, I think we have a pretty solid line-up, but if you had to pick SDSU's three weakest weights, they would be 125, 133, and 149. We have a person at each of those weights who could make a case towards being better than the starter; Meredith, Tagg and Kimball. These people have wrestled a combined zero matches this year. How is it that nobody within the program felt compelled to tell the fans what's going on throughout almost an entire season? I'm trying to be a fan, help me out here. There are weekly updates, podcasts, radio apearance, email from Hahn and I never miss one. How has nobody brought up these three enormous question marks?
            shoot him an email and let us know what he says Damion.Hahn@sdstate.edu

Comment

Just maybe it's none of our business. Maybe it's reasons that can't be disclosed. One would have to assume that the staff would put the best kids out if they are available.

Comment

Originally posted by stchrist View Post

Just maybe it's none of our business. Maybe it's reasons that can't be disclosed. One would have to assume that the staff would put the best kids out if they are available.
                the voice of reason

Comment

I think wombat brings up a valid point. Why are only the warm fuzzy and positive things ever talked about. This isn't some middle school wrestling program we are talking about. I'm not saying we need to know everything but acting like these other wrestlers don't exist just leads to speculation.

Comment

Originally posted by Justwin View Post
                    I think wombat brings up a valid point. Why are only the warm fuzzy and positive things ever talked about. This isn't some middle school wrestling program we are talking about. I'm not saying we need to know everything but acting like these other wrestlers don't exist just leads to speculation.
                    all the coaches have their emails listed on their website, reach out and let us know what they say

Comment

Meredith and Tagg are both injured. I’m not sure about Kimball.

Comment

I might be wrong but didn’t Kimball get surgery this summer?
                        "This is your life and it's ending one minute at a time." -Tyler Durden

Comment

Originally posted by witness View Post
                          I might be wrong but didn’t Kimball get surgery this summer?
                          I believe that is what he told me at the Dak open

Comment

Originally posted by bennymj171 View Post

all the coaches have their emails listed on their website, reach out and let us know what they say
                            Oh, so you want me to reach out to coaches about wrestlers on the bench, but you won't pick up the phone when I come across a can't miss darkhorse recruit who, by the way is CRUSHING IT over at UNI? (sarcasm) On the real though, if every fan who had a sports question just emailed the coach, they would never get anything done. I don't think legitimate sports reporters don't even usually do that. If it was one guy for a few matches that would be one thing, but this is a third of their line-up for what is looking like the entire year and for several combined hours of interviews and podcasts and thousands of words worth of press-releases and emails this season, nobody has mentioned their names once. StChrist is right, it's none of my business and they don't owe me anything but, if you want people to care about something, it behooves you not to leave people in suspence when the thing that they now care about appears to be in danger.

Thank you to those who provided answers. Outside of the once every other year when the Jacks come down to where I live, I don't get to enguage with fellow fans, so the answers that I occasionally get on this board sustain me.

Comment

Oh, so you want me to reach out to coaches about wrestlers on the bench, but you won't pick up the phone when I come across a can't miss darkhorse recruit who, by the way is CRUSHING IT over at UNI? (sarcasm) On the real though, if every fan who had a sports question just emailed the coach, they would never get anything done. I don't think legitimate sports reporters don't even usually do that. If it was one guy for a few matches that would be one thing, but this is a third of their line-up for what is looking like the entire year and for several combined hours of interviews and podcasts and thousands of words worth of press-releases and emails this season, nobody has mentioned their names once. StChrist is right, it's none of my business and they don't owe me anything but, if you want people to care about something, it behooves you not to leave people in suspence when the thing that they now care about appears to be in danger.

Thank you to those who provided answers. Outside of the once every other year when the Jacks come down to where I live, I don't get to enguage with fellow fans, so the answers that I occasionally get on this board sustain me.
                              Since Hahn shared it at the Luncheon yesterday, I figure I’m probably safe sharing too. Cook has a slightly sprained elbow. Nothing that he can’t compete with though. He would have gone on Sunday if they needed him, that is why they started at 174 vs AF. SDSU wanted to draw for the first time this season, Hahn likes starting at 125. Sometimes I don’t share what I know because the coaches are telling me because they trust me not to share it, since I’m not asking them as a journalist but as a friend. But I agree it would be good for fans like yourself to at least have some content that asked those kinds of questions. Maybe we just need the right person to spearhead it.

Comment

Working...
                              X