Northern Colorado

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Northern Colorado

The Jacks have been steamrolling the Bears for the past few years, but Nickerson has put together a solid team here who could give SDSU some really good individual matches.

125. Jordan v. Poulin (dec Poulin) 0-3
    133. Cardinal v. Koelzer (dec Koelzer) 0-6
    141. Carlson v. Alirez (dec Alirez) 0-9
    149. Martin v. Sandoval (dec Martin) 3-9
    157. Swensen v. Zerban (dec Swensen) 6-9
    165. Cook v. Fernandez (dec Cook) 9-9
    174. DeVos v. Berreyesa (dec Devos) 12-9
    184. King v. Britten (dec King) 15-9
    197. Sloan v. Vasquez (tech Sloan) 20-9
    285. Nevills v. Doolin (pin Nevills) 26-9

This is a blowout if it goes chalk, but every match from 125 to 174 could go either way. Carlson v. Alirez, Swensen v. Zerban, and DeVos v. Berreyesa should all be very high level matches.

Originally posted by TheWombat View Post
    The Jacks have been steamrolling the Bears for the past few years, but Nickerson has put together a solid team here who could give SDSU some really good individual matches.

125. Jordan v. Poulin (dec Poulin) 0-3
    133. Cardinal v. Koelzer (dec Koelzer) 0-6
    141. Carlson v. Alirez (dec Alirez) 0-9
    149. Martin v. Sandoval (dec Martin) 3-9
    157. Swensen v. Zerban (dec Swensen) 6-9
    165. Cook v. Fernandez (dec Cook) 9-9
    174. DeVos v. Berreyesa (dec Devos) 12-9
    184. King v. Britten (dec King) 15-9
    197. Sloan v. Vasquez (tech Sloan) 20-9
    285. Nevills v. Doolin (pin Nevills) 26-9

This is a blowout if it goes chalk, but every match from 125 to 174 could go either way. Carlson v. Alirez, Swensen v. Zerban, and DeVos v. Berreyesa should all be very high level matches.
    Couldn’t agree more, should be a fun one. Doubt we see Carlson though, I bet they give him a mental break till OK State.

Comment

Just curious…. Is this TV coverage (on Flo) normal for UNC home matches? Why don’t we ever have something like this for broadcasts from Frost? It feels like something you’d expect with a BIG 12 team - multiple cameras, good sound, etc.

Not off to a great start. Trailing 0-6 after two.

Comment

Northern Colorado 165 wrestler is a dbag
        "This is your life and it's ending one minute at a time." -Tyler Durden

Comment

If you can’t control your wrestler you shouldn’t put him out there. Gross

Comment

Originally posted by salemjack View Post
            If you can’t control your wrestler you shouldn’t put him out there. Gross
            Tried to turn it into a MMA fight because he knew if he tried anything wrestling wise he was getting stuck

Comment

What was the 1pt deduction for?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
              LET'S TAKE A TRIP TO BIRDLAND! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=68-6O2mJhMw

Comment

Originally posted by Southeast View Post
                Just curious…. Is this TV coverage (on Flo) normal for UNC home matches? Why don’t we ever have something like this for broadcasts from Frost? It feels like something you’d expect with a BIG 12 team - multiple cameras, good sound, etc.

Not off to a great start. Trailing 0-6 after two.
                Yes I believe this is how they have it for their home matches that I have seen in the past. My guess is that the production team is students from the media/journalism department (free labor) at UNC. SDSU’s is me keeping score & commentary, one of my kids running the camera. The graphics that I have access to through FloWrestling, also like the one UNC is using tonight, doesn’t display riding time & it drives me insane too.

Comment

Did Cook pop his elbow?

Comment

Originally posted by bennymj171 View Post

Yes I believe this is how they have it for their home matches that I have seen in the past. My guess is that the production team is students from the media/journalism department (free labor) at UNC. SDSU’s is me keeping score & commentary, one of my kids running the camera. The graphics that I have access to through FloWrestling, also like the one UNC is using tonight, doesn’t display riding time & it drives me insane too.

Free student labor, I see.

It would be nice if the conference could throw you a few bucks for some hardware upgrades. Maybe enough to hire another one of your kids!

Back to tonight…. I like how the announcer just went silent during that whole Cook episode. Even after it. Who determined that it would be a forfeit? I kind of expected there would be a video review if it was the refs.

Comment

Originally posted by 2002jack View Post
                      What was the 1pt deduction for?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                      Coach Hahn running onto the mat. I haven't seen such a malicious move in a while, and Nickerson had nothing to say about it. Between that, the mascot antagonizing the wrestlers and the fans sitting mat side hecking the coaches and wrestler as they sit on the bench, this was one of the more classless performances that I've seen in my life.

Comment

Coach Hahn running onto the mat. I haven't seen such a malicious move in a while, and Nickerson had nothing to say about it. Between that, the mascot antagonizing the wrestlers and the fans sitting mat side hecking the coaches and wrestler as they sit on the bench, this was one of the more classless performances that I've seen in my life.
                        What happened in the Cook match?

Comment

Originally posted by MontanaRabbit View Post

What happened in the Cook match?
                          https://twitter.com/dakotareport/sta...BU4DCzvAp4TbUw

Comment

Originally posted by Southeast View Post

Free student labor, I see.

It would be nice if the conference could throw you a few bucks for some hardware upgrades. Maybe enough to hire another one of your kids!

Back to tonight…. I like how the announcer just went silent during that whole Cook episode. Even after it. Who determined that it would be a forfeit? I kind of expected there would be a video review if it was the refs.
                            I believe Hahn pulled Cook due to injury and then the refs finally called UNC for using an illegal move and DQed him. I may be wrong on a few things.

Comment

My favorite part was when Cook sat on the mat in front of the coaches chairs, grinned slightly and waited for recovery time to expire, talked with another d1 coach afterward and said he would have done the same thing

Comment

Working...
                              X