No announcement yet.

GDT: Wyoming at Frost

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I am a bit confused by the Carlson situation. Carlson dominates everyone when he is heavy on the head. Does everyone have this scouting report and his opponents are not allowing it, or did his coaches take this offense away from him and tell him to go find another takedown? His heavy on the head offense is also his defense, not using it opens him up to the duck unders he gave up against Utah Valley. I think we will see an all new dominate Clay Carlson come Big 12 Tourney time. I don’t think he cares, nor should we on what seed or what side of the bracket he is on.

Comment

Originally posted by TheWombat View Post

I don't recall that ever happening to me, but that may only serve to illustrate your point. I'll have to think about that. . . Maybe I'm not a good judge of performance, so I'll have to trust an expert like yourself when you say that it was a good match, but I do feel comfortable saying that it would have been an even better match if he avoided making mistakes that resulted in him getting thrown to his back for four points.
      Tough part at this is level is the margin for error is so small, one mistake is sometimes the only difference in the match, even if a guy is unranked their skill level is still extremely high, look at almost all the guys on D1 rosters and the number of state titles, junior and cadet national AA’s they have is pretty remarkable. I know you know good wrestling, I like getting you riled up from time to time, makes the page a little more interesting.

Comment

Originally posted by Fishhook View Post
        I am a bit confused by the Carlson situation. Carlson dominates everyone when he is heavy on the head. Does everyone have this scouting report and his opponents are not allowing it, or did his coaches take this offense away from him and tell him to go find another takedown? His heavy on the head offense is also his defense, not using it opens him up to the duck unders he gave up against Utah Valley. I think we will see an all new dominate Clay Carlson come Big 12 Tourney time. I don’t think he cares, nor should we on what seed or what side of the bracket he is on.
        I think it might be a touch of burn out. Like you, I think the coaches will get him to a good place mentally before March and he will be a scary dude.

Comment

Originally posted by bennymj171 View Post

I think it might be a touch of burn out. Like you, I think the coaches will get him to a good place mentally before March and he will be a scary dude.
          Hahn talks a little about Carlson’s situation in the press conference and that the coaches are going to give him a long layoff after this weekend
          https://twitter.com/gojackswrestle/s...km9-ztax3eiIdg
          "This is your life and it's ending one minute at a time." -Tyler Durden

Comment

Great to see Cody get a match, he is a wrestling junkie and his family is obviously very well known to the SD High School wrestlling fans.

Comment

I really like what I'm seeing out of this program. The older guys are doing what they are supposed to do and look very good (not worried about Clay, they will get it figured out). What I'm really impressed with is our Redshirt Freshman this year. Nobody in the program is regressing and they are getting better with every outing. Kuddos to the staff and the wrestlers!

For those that are not at the matches, the staff is pushing for them to keep scoring and push the pace. I too as a fellow SD fan am glad they gave Cody a chance to wrestle in that atmosphere.

2 home duals left to go and it would be nice to see a bigger crowd than there has been at the last couple. Take someone with you next dual!

Comment

Originally posted by AZjack View Post
                Great to see Cody get a match, he is a wrestling junkie and his family is obviously very well known to the SD High School wrestlling fans.
                Please share why/how Cody's family is very well known to SD HS wrestling fans? I do not live in SD and am curious.

Comment

Originally posted by opinionsaremyown View Post

Please share why/how Cody's family is very well known to SD HS wrestling fans? I do not live in SD and am curious.
                  His dad Matt Donnelly was the head coach at Philip which has had one of the strongest Class B programs for years and his brother Nick was a state champ and multiple year placewinner at state.

Comment

Working...
                  X