Utah Valley

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Utah Valley

What a disappointing dual. To have 2 ranked wrestlers get out worked like they did seems like something is off.

I think that the Jacks are probably pushing pretty hard right now and not in the best position in terms of their training arch, but they were skilled enough to get past an inferior team with only a couple of bad losses. I'm a little worried that Carlson isn't the guy that he was. Ty Smith puts together really good matches every now and then and I don't think the Jacks were in their best form tonight, but the best version of Ty Smith should not be beating the worst version of Clay Carlson. I also think that there are some wrestlers who are doing just enough to win their match when they could be scoring a lot more points. The fact that most of the team underperformed along with the fact that this hasn't been a trend makes me think that it's more of a training cycle thing and less of a discipline / mentality thing. Better days ahead.

Comment

Another thing that I noticed. There are a ton a really good seats empty in the lower bowl right where the cameras face (season ticket holder land). It makes the arena look empty when you're watching online. They need to start letting normies sit in some of those empty seats or figure out an exchange program or something. That's a bad look for a program so proud their community buy-in and attendance.

Comment

Originally posted by TheWombat View Post
        Another thing that I noticed. There are a ton a really good seats empty in the lower bowl right where the cameras face (season ticket holder land). It makes the arena look empty when you're watching online. They need to start letting normies sit in some of those empty seats or figure out an exchange program or something. That's a bad look for a program so proud their community buy-in and attendance.
        I agree with you on this as I was also disappointed with the crowd. I wonder where the hype and enthusiasm has gone for this program. There just doesn't seem to be much buzz.

Comment

Originally posted by TheWombat View Post
          I would say that there were a few of the "normies" among the reserved seats. I would hope that Sunday has better attendance at noon.
          Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

Originally posted by Justwin View Post
            What a disappointing dual. To have 2 ranked wrestlers get out worked like they did seems like something is off.
            Carlson seemed a bit gimpy unless something happened during the match.
            Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

Working...
            X