Nebraska dual

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nebraska dual

The Jacks come up short to a very good NE team. Here is an article for those that weren’t able to watch. https://gojacks.com/news/2022/12/18/...ver-jacks.aspx

Feels like we should be 3-0. Both Minnesota and Nebraska were duals that slipped away IMO.

Comment

Big disappointments at 125, 141 and 184. They're a better team than they showed. Hopefully Christmas break will do them some good.

Comment

Originally posted by opinionsaremyown View Post
        Feels like we should be 3-0. Both Minnesota and Nebraska were duals that slipped away IMO.
        I see the Minnesota slip away. But how did the Nebraska dual slip away?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by KSjack View Post

I see the Minnesota slip away. But how did the Nebraska dual slip away?

We had already beaten the Nebraska kid at 184 but gave up a major. We were 1-1 with the wrestler at 125 and gave up a fall. That's how it slipped away.

Comment

I don't suppose that anyone knows where Dan Kimball and Gate Tagg might be. Cardinal and Martin have done fine, but their absence in curious. Meredith is another potential starter who we haven't seen yet.

Comment

Originally posted by TheWombat View Post
              I don't suppose that anyone knows where Dan Kimball and Gate Tagg might be. Cardinal and Martin have done fine, but their absence in curious. Meredith is another potential starter who we haven't seen yet.
              Read somewhere that Tagg has been injured.

Comment

Originally posted by opinionsaremyown View Post

We had already beaten the Nebraska kid at 184 but gave up a major. We were 1-1 with the wrestler at 125 and gave up a fall. That's how it slipped away.
                So 2 toss up matches? I wouldn’t call that slipping away. It always surprised me how well Jordan had competed with Cronin in the past but this result was what I expected. Also Pinto was a big time recruit coming out of high school it’s not that surprising that he’s figuring out some guys the second time around wrestling them also the toss was huge.

Comment

I feel like the program has developed a more complete lineup lately but honestly I’ve been surprised by the lack of All-Americans since Bono and Reader left. No reason we shouldn’t have multiple AA each year with the investments being made in the program.

Comment

Originally posted by JRFanatic View Post
                    I feel like the program has developed a more complete lineup lately but honestly I’ve been surprised by the lack of All-Americans since Bono and Reader left. No reason we shouldn’t have multiple AA each year with the investments being made in the program.

I feel the same. Who’s going to be our “horses” when we don’t have Nevills or Carlson next year

Comment

Not sure I agree with the last two posts...

Bono/Reader were with the program for 6 years and had 5 All-Americans.

Hahn and co. have been with the program for 4 years and have had 4* All-Americans (3 selected in 2020 as NCWA All-Americans when the NCAA's were cancelled).

I'm not sure that's a dramatic change. One could argue that Bono/Reader took over a program that was worse off than Hahn did, but Hahn's first year the cupboard was pretty bare (much due to what Bono did to the program and took with him as he left). It was surely disappointing that SDSU did not have an All-American last year, but those things happen and the program acknowledged the poor performance at the NCAA tournament. It's damn hard to get on that podium.

After this year, I'm excited about some of the things we are seeing from the younger wrestlers already seeing the lineup. Berge is going to be good, he's proven that at every level he's been at. Tanner Cook will be back and is looking like a more confident, better wrestler than ever right now. Devos is solid. I've been really impressed by Cael Swenson's results this year, maybe more so in his quality losses even than his wins. Alek Martin is going to be successful. There is plenty coming back that will keep the program trending upward.

And we are about to get a major upgrade in program stature with the new facility. While it's been known/public that it's coming for a few years, we haven't likely realized the recruitment boost that will give us until recruits can start walking in that space when they are on campus.

"I'd like to thank the good Lord for making me a Yankee." - Joe D.

Comment

I’m not sure the 3 Covid AA count the list I look at didn’t included them. It’s also not fair to count that year agains Hahn and co, so let’s say 1 in 3 seasons. Here’s hoping for 3-4 this year and then this conversation is moot. Trust me I prefer this staff over the last but am also antsy to see the results show up in March.

Comment

I think that Hahn has put together teams that are on par with the teams that Bono was producing and he's done a fantastic job of building the program. The discrepancies that you're seeing in All Americans are reasonable to point out to some extent as it is seen as the ultimate goal, but Hahn has done things that aren't captured by this metric. They had a chance to produce some AAs last year and something went catastrophically wrong, they also had a chance during 2020 before Covid canceled the season. 2021 was a down year and five qualifiers with one AA was about as good as we were going to do, and 2019 was pretty terrible in terms of skill on the roster after Bono left. I do blame the coaching staff for the 2022 post-season meltdown and my grievances are well documented, but I think they've done very well outside of that.

Comment

Originally posted by TheWombat View Post
                            I think that Hahn has put together teams that are on par with the teams that Bono was producing and he's done a fantastic job of building the program. The discrepancies that you're seeing in All Americans are reasonable to point out to some extent as it is seen as the ultimate goal, but Hahn has done things that aren't captured by this metric. They had a chance to produce some AAs last year and something went catastrophically wrong, they also had a chance during 2020 before Covid canceled the season. 2021 was a down year and five qualifiers with one AA was about as good as we were going to do, and 2019 was pretty terrible in terms of skill on the roster after Bono left. I do blame the coaching staff for the 2022 post-season meltdown and my grievances are well documented, but I think they've done very well outside of that.
                            I appreciate your insight. Here’s hoping for some postseason podium success this year.

Comment

Originally posted by JRFanatic View Post

The difference is Bono taking in a transfer that had legal troubles and schools didn’t want then leaving the cupboard absolutely bare when he left
                              "This is your life and it's ending one minute at a time." -Tyler Durden

Comment

Working...
                              X