Minnesota

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Minnesota

Big match today on campus. SDSU vs. Minnesota I will be attending today and bringing two people. All three of us have never been to a wrestling match, but interested in learning as we go.

Get to Frost Arena today and support the Wrestling team. Both teams are ranked and every weight class has at least one top 30 wrestler competing today.

Oh and bring a stuffed animal also. Go Jacks.
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(") Feed the Rabbit!!

141, 165, 174, 184 and 197 should be really good matches
    "This is your life and it's ending one minute at a time." -Tyler Durden

Comment

Jacks up 10-7 at intermission. Dominant win for Sloan over a ranked opponent.

Comment

Crazy to see Carlson take that loss - and to essentially lose the dual in doing so. Twice the pain.

Comment

Carlson chokes against Minnesotas backup and the Jacks lose the dial. Wow. We should have had that one.

Comment

SDSU has a habit of getting off to a really poor start early in the year. It can be hard to be a fan during these times, but it's really fun when we get into the spring semester and we start landing on the other side of these upset matches. SDSU wrestled poorly today, they just weren't as well prepared as Minnesota was.

Comment

I hate Eggum so much

Comment

Originally posted by salemjack View Post
                Carlson chokes against Minnesotas backup and the Jacks lose the dial. Wow. We should have had that one.
                Minnesota wrestler was too big for Carlson and he struggled to figure it out for most of the match. Carlson beats him in a rematch

Comment

DeVos losing didn't help either.

Comment

Originally posted by witness View Post
                    I hate Eggum so much
                    I wanted to go down there and walk him back into his corner. Is there no rules for coaches corner in college wrestling? It would be like Hendo walking down the baseline giving help to our defense! Eggum was also hounding the refs after the dual was over and handshakes had concluded. Get a life dude.

Comment

https://youtu.be/MnQmseDV2b4

Post-dual interview with Sloan and Coach Hahn.

Takeaways: King didn’t weigh in because of skin issue but is the starter at 184.
                      “Nothing positive about losing, losing sucks.” Good to see no moral victories here. We keep raising expectations and not expect to beat Minnesota. I love it.

Comment

I wanted to go down there and walk him back into his corner. Is there no rules for coaches corner in college wrestling? It would be like Hendo walking down the baseline giving help to our defense! Eggum was also hounding the refs after the dual was over and handshakes had concluded. Get a life dude.
                        They are not allowed to go in front of the head table other than to get clarification from the ref about a call, otherwise they can go the entire length of the mat in front of the mat side seats. Our former coach/crook was notorious for this.

Comment

Gophers went into Stillwater and beat 5th ranked Oklahoma State 18-12.

Comment

Working...
                          X