Women’s Wrestling

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by JRFanatic View Post
    I’ve heard often that equestrian is not making the university money, in fact some one mentioned losing more than 1M per year

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    You are missing the point. Not all equestrian donations will go to that sport, it's about getting more affluent alumni. That is why I said the long game...

Women's wrestling would just be a resource drain at this time. If needed for Title 9 reasons in the the future, then it could be examined more closely.

Comment

No I see your point, I just don’t agree with it and that’s ok. I’m in the dump equestrian, start wrestling and use the funds for women’s wrestling, volleyball, soccer and softball.

Comment

Originally posted by AZjack View Post

Women's wrestling would be fine, but fan support would be tepid and if it takes increased facilities than it would be a non-starter.
        Back when I was in school in the late 70s and early 80s we felt that way about women's basketball. The only reason I ever even saw a bit of the end of their games was because I went early to get a good seat for the men's game.

That being said, I have yet to see girls/women's wrestling.
        Finding is never about seeking. It is about opening yourself to what is already there. - Henry Meloux

Comment

There is talk about possibly needing more facilities with women’s wrestling. In California there are ‘all gender restrooms’ so it should be fine…everyone shares!!! I’m trying to make somewhat of a joke about this, maybe it won’t stick!!!

Comment

The bottom line is the bottom line: where will the money come from?
            "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Filbert’s pockets

Comment

Originally posted by salemjack View Post
                Filbert’s pockets
                "Somebody Else's Money"
                "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Seems like interest in women’s wrestling in the state and region is starting to explode; I think it makes sense to add it. A chance to be on the front end (a national power) and a sport that will be strong in the upper Midwest (like basketball and volleyball)

Comment

Seems like interest in women’s wrestling in the state and region is starting to explode; I think it makes sense to add it. A chance to be on the front end (a national power) and a sport that will be strong in the upper Midwest (like basketball and volleyball)

Could explode possibly be a little exaggeration maybe.

Comment

Both the Argus and Mitchell newspaper just highlight the huge jump in participation. We’ll see where it goes but University of Iowa has already started the sport.

Comment

I hope we add it but outside of Iowa it seems like the big schools have stayed away. If Oklahoma State and Ohio State and such start adding it I think we should also try and get in early. Girls wrestling in South Dakota is pretty strong with a lot of young talented nationally ranked wrestlers in state.

Comment

Ronna Heaton inaugural SDSU women’s wrestling coach would be one hell of a story.

Comment

Agree with that! Would her husband be welcomed back to campus as well!

Comment

Personally I would like to see money from equestrian shifted to women’s wrestling (a sport that we could be really good at), baseball, soccer and softball. What baseball, softball and soccer have for facilities is embarrassing for a DI school (most NSIC facilities are significantly better). It’s remarkable the success that soccer and softball have had with what they have.

If they used a Harley Rake on a skid loader to level the field and make it as smooth as a baby's behind and very level, give it some decent sod, we'd have a very nice looking field. Do the soccer field too why they're at it.That wouldn't cost too much I don't think.

Comment

I thought the on campus soccer field was already a go, surprised more hasn’t been done. Maybe they are looking at what sport offerings make sense moving forward.

I’m still a fan of trading equestrian for women’s wrestling.

Comment

Working...
                                X