• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CKLV Invite

Wrestling kicks off at 11am today
    https://arena.flowrestling.org/event...5-c3b48561101b
    Some shake ups as Gross is going at 133 and Kimball at 149
    This is a very deep tournament and will be a good gauge for the Jacks

It really makes you wonder about Marko. He's a captain who's arguably done better at 133 than the others and he isn't getting matches at meets or elsewhere. I wonder if he's injured.

Comment

Shout out to Dan Kimball for a great match with #15 Legend Lamer. He was outmatched, but he fought super hard the whole time and was able to get a good takedown on him. I was really impressed with his effort.

Comment

Originally posted by TheWombat View Post
        Shout out to Dan Kimball for a great match with #15 Legend Lamer. He was outmatched, but he fought super hard the whole time and was able to get a good takedown on him. I was really impressed with his effort.
        Legend used to be in South Dakota didn’t he?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by salemjack View Post

Legend used to be in South Dakota didn’t he?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
          yes the family lived in Brookings but that was quite a while ago now

Comment

Carlson, DeVos & Nevills are in the qtrs which start at 8pm central, Kimball, Cook & Battani are out, the other 4 weights are still alive in the wrestle backs

Comment

Great tournament from Clay Carlson to win CKLV
              "This is your life and it's ending one minute at a time." -Tyler Durden

Comment

That was a match! He has been so consistent.

Comment

Some takeaways from SDSU's performance both at CKLV and the Doane Open:

125. Jordan looked good, but didn't perform well losing to two wrestlers who he was predicted to beat. He will likely fall out of the rankings after this past weekend. Roybal placed third at Doane losing to one unattached wrestler who I've never heard of. Coapstick shared the placing with his teammate with similar results.

133. Gross did better than I would have predicted, beating Ohio State's starter and losing to two good wrestlers. Cardinal wrestled well in Nebraska taking second and wrestling a close match with national qualifier Boo Dryden.

141. Carlson obviously looked great in his victory. The only significant match might be his final match with Alirez where he won though but not as significant a margin as the score would indicate.

149. Kimbal competed very well at CKLV. He went 0-2 losing close matches against two national qualifiers and looking very good in both matches. Alek Martin won in Nebraska with no significant wins.

157. O'Neil went 1-2 on the weekend and didn't look especially good in the matches that I saw him in. Swensen won in Nebraska dominating some lesser competition.

165. Cook dropped two matches to some pretty good wrestlers, but ones who he could have been expected to compete with and it looked pretty bad for him. I suppose that happens when you wrestle like he does but he needs to rethink his strategy for some matches.

174. DeVos looked very good and raised his stock somewhat beating some good wrestlers and losing to some very good ones.

184. Battani lost both of his matches at CKLV, they weren't close. Rogotzke and Kruger both looked good in Nebraska taking second and fourth respectively. I think they're both making good progress but Rogotzke is establishing himself as the better wrester for now.

197. Sloan went 1-1 before forfeiting out. He's not back where he was yet but I hope he'll be there soon as he's not doing himself any favors with seeding criteria. Donnelly was able to win at Doane over some lower division wrestlers but still impressive for him.

285. Nevills did well against some good competition but he come up just short in some matches that could have been signature wins for him.

Implications:

133, 141, 149, and 184 are all still up for grabs. Hahn mentioned that they were sending some starters down to UNI this weekend to help sort this out, I hope this helps to sort this out.

Sloan is still far from his best, but he seems healthy, I hope to see him hitting on al cylinders at the Scuffle which will be an important opportunity for him to improve his seed.

I think we now know where Nevills sits in the hierarchy of heavyweights after sitting out last season.

SDSU has some redshirts who I think have some real promise, we could see four of these guys in the lineup next year.

Carlson has really established himself. He's put himself in a good position for a good seed this year.

Overperformers: Caleb Gross, Clay Carlson, Dan Kimball, Cael Swenson, Cade DeVos, Roman Rogotzke, Cody Donnelly

Underperformers: Tanner Jordan, Tanner Cook, Kenny O'Neil, Tate Battani, Tanner Sloan

Comment

Thanks for posting the summaries, they really help put some meaning behind the results I see on Twitter. I look forward to watching a bunch of duels live starting in about a month.

Comment

Originally posted by TheWombat View Post
                      Some takeaways from SDSU's performance both at CKLV and the Doane Open:

125. Jordan looked good, but didn't perform well losing to two wrestlers who he was predicted to beat. He will likely fall out of the rankings after this past weekend. Roybal placed third at Doane losing to one unattached wrestler who I've never heard of. Coapstick shared the placing with his teammate with similar results.

133. Gross did better than I would have predicted, beating Ohio State's starter and losing to two good wrestlers. Cardinal wrestled well in Nebraska taking second and wrestling a close match with national qualifier Boo Dryden.

141. Carlson obviously looked great in his victory. The only significant match might be his final match with Alirez where he won though but not as significant a margin as the score would indicate.

149. Kimbal competed very well at CKLV. He went 0-2 losing close matches against two national qualifiers and looking very good in both matches. Alek Martin won in Nebraska with no significant wins.

157. O'Neil went 1-2 on the weekend and didn't look especially good in the matches that I saw him in. Swensen won in Nebraska dominating some lesser competition.

165. Cook dropped two matches to some pretty good wrestlers, but ones who he could have been expected to compete with and it looked pretty bad for him. I suppose that happens when you wrestle like he does but he needs to rethink his strategy for some matches.

174. DeVos looked very good and raised his stock somewhat beating some good wrestlers and losing to some very good ones.

184. Battani lost both of his matches at CKLV, they weren't close. Rogotzke and Kruger both looked good in Nebraska taking second and fourth respectively. I think they're both making good progress but Rogotzke is establishing himself as the better wrester for now.

197. Sloan went 1-1 before forfeiting out. He's not back where he was yet but I hope he'll be there soon as he's not doing himself any favors with seeding criteria. Donnelly was able to win at Doane over some lower division wrestlers but still impressive for him.

285. Nevills did well against some good competition but he come up just short in some matches that could have been signature wins for him.

Implications:

133, 141, 149, and 184 are all still up for grabs. Hahn mentioned that they were sending some starters down to UNI this weekend to help sort this out, I hope this helps to sort this out.

Sloan is still far from his best, but he seems healthy, I hope to see him hitting on al cylinders at the Scuffle which will be an important opportunity for him to improve his seed.

I think we now know where Nevills sits in the hierarchy of heavyweights after sitting out last season.

SDSU has some redshirts who I think have some real promise, we could see four of these guys in the lineup next year.

Carlson has really established himself. He's put himself in a good position for a good seed this year.

Overperformers: Caleb Gross, Clay Carlson, Dan Kimball, Cael Swenson, Cade DeVos, Roman Rogotzke, Cody Donnelly

Underperformers: Tanner Jordan, Tanner Cook, Kenny O'Neil, Tate Battani, Tanner Sloan
                      In his weekly interview, Hahn said that a bug went through the team after the Minnesota dual, and a number were under the weather in Vegas. He said some of the team like Carlson wrestled through it, but he wasn't happy with how others let it affect them. Also that Nevills dinged his knee.

Comment

Working...
                      X