Big 12 Championship

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Big 12 Championship

After session 1 SDSU sitting in 5th as a team, Vega, Clay Carlson, DeVos and Sloan are in the semifinals tonight at 5pm, everyone else is alive in the wrestle backs yet

Sloan moves to consolation bracket after a 7-1 loss to the 4 seed Ferrari of Oklahoma State.

No SDSU wrestlers in the finals tomorrow.
    Rollin' in my 5.0
    With my rag-top down so my hair can blow!
    Nod your head to this Jackrabbits!

Comment

Originally posted by THE PRIDE IS BACK!!! View Post
      Sloan moves to consolation bracket after a 7-1 loss to the 4 seed Ferrari of Oklahoma State.

No SDSU wrestlers in the finals tomorrow.
      Does Sloan have a shoulder/arm issue ? I saw his quarter final match and he had a wrap on it that I don't recall seeing during the regular season.

Comment

Originally posted by bigticket1 View Post

Does Sloan have a shoulder/arm issue ? I saw his quarter final match and he had a wrap on it that I don't recall seeing during the regular season.
        Hurt his shoulder at some point, I’m pretty sure he had it on at the last home match of the year

Comment

Jack’s auto qualify Vega, Price & Carlson. Sloan and DeVos finish one spot out of auto qualifying but since they earned a spot for the conference they stand a good chance to get an at-large selection.

Comment

Was Sloan hurt or just a really bad Big 12's? I thought he had a good chance to be an AA this year.

Comment

Originally posted by AZjack View Post
              Was Sloan hurt or just a really bad Big 12's? I thought he had a good chance to be an AA this year.
              Injury defaulted the 5th place match because of shoulder problems. Still has a chance to be an at-large selection for the national tournament. Being undefeated in the regular season and his top 10 ranking should help in getting that. An extra week before nationals would give some extra time to heal.

Comment

Originally posted by bigticket1 View Post

Injury defaulted the 5th place match because of shoulder problems. Still has a chance to be an at-large selection for the national tournament. Being undefeated in the regular season and his top 10 ranking should help in getting that. An extra week before nationals would give some extra time to heal.
                He got caught and stuck in the consolation semi against a guy he had beaten this year. That's also when he got hurt. He didn't wrestle all that good against Ferrari in the semis either. He will get an at-large into the NCAA's and if he's healthy will be a nightmare draw for someone as he's a legit top 10 guy that likely won't get a seed.

Overall I bet they are disappointed in their performance as a team this weekend. I think maybe only 1 guy wrestled above his seed (Vega) and most wrestled below. Vega is really wrestling well. Had a close match against the 1 seed from UNI and a close loss in the 3rd place match against a kid he beat in the quarters.

Comment

Originally posted by MontanaRabbit View Post

He got caught and stuck in the consolation semi against a guy he had beaten this year. That's also when he got hurt. He didn't wrestle all that good against Ferrari in the semis either. He will get an at-large into the NCAA's and if he's healthy will be a nightmare draw for someone as he's a legit top 10 guy that likely won't get a seed.

Overall I bet they are disappointed in their performance as a team this weekend. I think maybe only 1 guy wrestled above his seed (Vega) and most wrestled below. Vega is really wrestling well. Had a close match against the 1 seed from UNI and a close loss in the 3rd place match against a kid he beat in the quarters.
                  Sloan had his arm/shoulder in a wrap for his quarter-final match on Saturday. He may have aggravated it on Sunday, bit it would appear that he was having issues going into the tournament.

Comment

DeVos and Sloan get at-large bids to Nationals.

Comment

Working...
                    X