Starting roles

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Starting roles

Just curious if anyone in the know, knows how close these wrestle-offs are for each weight.

125 - Vega vs Jordan
    133 - doubtful anyone is close to Price
    141 - doubtful anyone is close to Carlson
    149 - Marko only 149 on the roster?
    157 - Carlson vs Devos.... how close is it?
    165 - Cook untouchable if healthy and on the roster?
    174 - King and Sievers, but Sievers not even wresting extra matches
    184 - Casperson vs Schoon close match??
    197 - Sloan untouchable and only 197 on roster
    285 - Have to assume Wolters vs Trenary is super close. Don’t know much about McConnville not wrestling extra matches.

125 and 285 I would think are the biggest toss-ups.

Just a discussion starter as this page is dead as of late.

Does anyone know what the deal is with Cook? He is still ranked so that would tell me he is still in school and on the team, but haven't heard a word if he was hurt or maybe had to get academics in order.

Comment

Cook was the must-see draw for lots of us. His style is the main reason I didn’t think twice about paying for another year of Flowrestling access. I’m definitely no wrestling insider but the silence seems strange. Imagine if Doug Wilson was just absent from the basketball team for the opening month of the season with no explanation and no updates. Odd.

Comment

Originally posted by Fishhook View Post
        Just curious if anyone in the know, knows how close these wrestle-offs are for each weight.

125 - Vega vs Jordan
        133 - doubtful anyone is close to Price
        141 - doubtful anyone is close to Carlson
        149 - Marko only 149 on the roster?
        157 - Carlson vs Devos.... how close is it?
        165 - Cook untouchable if healthy and on the roster?
        174 - King and Sievers, but Sievers not even wresting extra matches
        184 - Casperson vs Schoon close match??
        197 - Sloan untouchable and only 197 on roster
        285 - Have to assume Wolters vs Trenary is super close. Don’t know much about McConnville not wrestling extra matches.

125 and 285 I would think are the biggest toss-ups.

Just a discussion starter as this page is dead as of late.
        It seems like Jordan overtook Vega when Vega struggled mightily to start the year. 157 is DeVos spot and Carlson will never overtake it. Casperson has struggled more than I thought he would this but part of that might have to deal with him not wrestling for 2 straight years. HWT is Wolters spot and I don't think Trenary will overtake him this imo
        "This is your life and it's ending one minute at a time." -Tyler Durden

Comment

I thought for sure that Peyton Smith would have something to say about 149 after the season he had last year, but we haven't seen him at all so far.

Comment

Originally posted by TheWombat View Post
            I thought for sure that Peyton Smith would have something to say about 149 after the season he had last year, but we haven't seen him at all so far.
            What did he do last season?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by KSjack View Post

What did he do last season?

https://www.wrestlestat.com/wrestler...peyton/profile

Comment

Not trying to dog the kid but being ranked 120th with his best win over 88 means he should have a say on the lineup with getting matches?

Comment

Not trying to dog the kid but being ranked 120th with his best win over 88 means he should have a say on the lineup with getting matches?

Here's Hunter Marko's page for comparison: https://www.wrestlestat.com/wrestler...hunter/profile

Before this year, Marko was ranked 150th and and his best win of his career was over then 150th ranked Ben Brancale. Yes, I was expecting competition for the spot and I am confused as to why there wasn't any. Of course, I'm not in the room; maybe it's grades, maybe it's health, or maybe Marko just jumped levels.

Comment

Marko was a nice transfer to get at a weight that needed depth & competition after hank graduated. Marko was a high rated recruit coming out of high school. He just got stuck behind McKee & thorn his first 2 years (they were ok wrestlers), and then brayton Lee blocked his path to the starting lineup last year (another ok wrestler). So between the stellar wrestlers ahead of him on his own team and his injuries, the reason he probably doesn’t have as many big wins is because he hasn’t had many opportunities yet. I’m stoked to see what he can do in the starting lineup.

Comment

Originally posted by TheWombat View Post

Here's Hunter Marko's page for comparison: https://www.wrestlestat.com/wrestler...hunter/profile

Before this year, Marko was ranked 150th and and his best win of his career was over then 150th ranked Ben Brancale. Yes, I was expecting competition for the spot and I am confused as to why there wasn't any. Of course, I'm not in the room; maybe it's grades, maybe it's health, or maybe Marko just jumped levels.
                      On top of the points that Split Rock brought up this his first season being a full time starter and look at his performances. They are getting better each time on the mat and he’s gone against 2 top 10 wrestlers another ranked wrestler and hasn’t given up bonus to them. Yes he got pinned in match 3 of the season but has responded great. So yes as of now I’m going with the former top 100 prospect who was a four time wisconsin state champ who was a Fargo champ and triple crown winner. If your spreadsheet goes back that far I’d be surprised if he didn’t make the sheet.

Comment

On top of the points that Split Rock brought up this his first season being a full time starter and look at his performances. They are getting better each time on the mat and he’s gone against 2 top 10 wrestlers another ranked wrestler and hasn’t given up bonus to them. Yes he got pinned in match 3 of the season but has responded great. So yes as of now I’m going with the former top 100 prospect who was a four time wisconsin state champ who was a Fargo champ and triple crown winner. If your spreadsheet goes back that far I’d be surprised if he didn’t make the sheet.

Okay, I think I've said all that I feel like saying on this topic. I don't have the energy that I used to.
                        Last edited by TheWombat; 02-02-2021, 12:22 AM.

Comment

Thinking of the lineup for next year, another huge transfer is aj nevills. That proves our staff is doing a great job at getting national attention and is heading in the right direction. The reason he is leaving Fresno just sucks though for wrestling overall, they were building a nice program in a hurry around a wrestling hotbed. As much as I’d love to watch nevills in a jackrabbit singlet, I’d rather be watching Fresno, Stanford, old dominion, eastern Michigan, etc fielding wrestling teams more.

Comment

Flo removes Cook from Big 12 Rankings and ranked Colten Carlson instead. I doubt this in anyway this makes it official Cook isn’t wrestling, unless maybe they know something we don’t.
                            Last edited by Fishhook; 02-04-2021, 10:39 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Fishhook View Post
                              Flo removes Cool from Big 12 Rankings and ranked Colten Carlson instead. I doubt this in anyway this makes it official Cook isn’t wrestling, unless maybe they know something we don’t.
                              The regular season ends in 9 days, so if Cook doesn't wrestle Sunday, it's hard to see him getting in game shape for the post-season.

Comment

Working...
                              X