141. Willits dec. Carlson 3-6
    149. Stigall dec. Smith 3-9
    157. DeVos dec. Willits 6-9
    165. Cook pin Olmos 12-9
    174. McKinney dec. Carlson 12-12
    184. Coyle maj. School 12-16
    197. Sloan maj. Dixon 16-16
    285. Wolter dec. Barnes 19-16

I really can't see SDSU pulling out a win over the tigers no matter what the line-ups look like, they are a very good dual team this year. The Oregon State match should be close, depending on if Cook can pin, and if the jacks can keep the bonus to a minimum. It will be interesting to see what line-up they put out there and how many exhibition matches they're able to do. I'd love to see some of the freshman and backups get some matchups.

Agreed with Wombat. I would imagine the lineup this year is going to be very interchangeable without using any eligibility. And any injuries even light wouldn't be stressed to have that individual in lineup. It's going to be an interesting short season.

Comment

If anyone is planning on making the run up to Fargo, I have two extra tickets that we don't need. PM me if you want them. Free to Jacks fans, $100 ea for Bison fans.

Comment

Has anyone had success viewing this first match on FloWresting? I got the SDSU zoom link and have that working, but it's definitely not ideal.

Comment

You can watch it on TrackWrestling with no sound. Apparently Flo is only showing NDSU matches now which is pretty upsetting, I think they stated that we would be able to watch all of the matches. I don't know what happened.

Comment

Missouri over SDSU 33-9

125. Brown maj. Vega 14-5
            133. Price dec. Schmidt 7-5
            141. Hart maj. Carlson 13-4
            149. Mauler dec Marko 8-2
            157. O'Toole pin DeVos
            165. Mocco maj. O'Neil 10-2
            174. Harman dec. King 10-4
            184. Kent pin Casperson
            197. Sloan pin Marriot
            285. Elam dec Wolters 6-0

This was always going to be a rough one for the jacks, but Vega getting majored by Brown and DeVos getting pinned were pretty disappointing. That said, I suspect that these losses will age well as Brown and O'Toole move up the rankings throughout the year. Price over Schmidt is a good outcome and Wolters and Marko did well to avoid bonus points. Missouri is just a much better team than SDSU this year but this still has to be looked out as a disappointment. Let's see what they can do against Oregon State.

Comment

I'll update this now that we have the line-ups

SDSU vs. Oregon State

125. Vega dec. Kaylor 3-0
              133. Turner dec. Price 3-3
              141. Willits dec. Carlson 3-6
              149. Stigall dec. Marko 3-9
              157. DeVos dec. Willits 6-9
              165. O'Neil dec Ulrey 9-9
              174. Beisley dec. King 9-12
              184. Reyes maj. Casperson 9-16
              197. Sloan maj. Dixon 13-16
              285. Wolter dec. Barnes 16-16

It looks like I have it going down to match points.

Comment

Really impressed with Price today, was disappointed in Vega. DeVos had a couple tough matches but I think he'll get better as the year goes on. Sloan did what he had to do but I'm glad he's back to turning guys again. Casperson hasn't wrestled in like 2 years so I didn't expect much in his first tournament back. Where is Cook? Injured? Covid? Weird
                "This is your life and it's ending one minute at a time." -Tyler Durden

Comment

Originally posted by witness View Post
                  Really impressed with Price today, was disappointed in Vega. DeVos had a couple tough matches but I think he'll get better as the year goes on. Sloan did what he had to do but I'm glad he's back to turning guys again. Casperson hasn't wrestled in like 2 years so I didn't expect much in his first tournament back. Where is Cook? Injured? Covid? Weird
                  The fact that they're not saying anything makes me think COVID or grades / behavioral. Colton Carlson hit the dirt a couple of times during his match and look really sick. I'm wondering if he isn't just getting over COVID or something else.

Comment

Originally posted by TheWombat View Post

The fact that they're not saying anything makes me think COVID or grades / behavioral. Colton Carlson hit the dirt a couple of times during his match and look really sick. I'm wondering if he isn't just getting over COVID or something else.
                    Could also be that he had Covid so he couldn't train for 2 weeks and his conditioning isn't quite there yet and with this being a short season and no tournaments, I could see the coaches not wanting him to potentially take losses if his conditioning isn't there yet
                    "This is your life and it's ending one minute at a time." -Tyler Durden

Comment

Vega is historically a slow starter, his results from the Bison and Dak last year weren’t pretty. He will be fine. Price has been crazy impressive from Day 1, just lost all the close matches even against great opponents, I hope he turned the corner and figured out how to win those close matches. Casperson probably just needs time to figure out college pace and style, he is basically a freshman experience wise, I think he will have a great career.

Comment

It's good to see Kellyn March doing well. He went 2-0 with a major over Devon Turner. I can't wait to see he and Price square off this season.

Comment

Originally posted by TheWombat View Post
                          You can watch it on TrackWrestling with no sound. Apparently Flo is only showing NDSU matches now which is pretty upsetting, I think they stated that we would be able to watch all of the matches. I don't know what happened.
                          I'm pissed about this still, I think I'm going to call FLO about it.

Comment

I reached out to FLO as well. This was the lame response I received. They hyped up the event which was great, and then only show NDSU matches. Super disappointed....

Thanks for reaching out!

For this event, we will only be featuring the NDSU matches. Our production team is following up on this. We apologize for any confusion.

Thank You,
                            FloSports Customer Care

Comment

Originally posted by Northernjackrabbit View Post
                              I reached out to FLO as well. This was the lame response I received. They hyped up the event which was great, and then only show NDSU matches. Super disappointed....

Thanks for reaching out!

For this event, we will only be featuring the NDSU matches. Our production team is following up on this. We apologize for any confusion.

Thank You,
                              FloSports Customer Care
                              I got the exact same email.

Comment

Working...
                              X