2020-2021 season

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TheWombat View Post

You can feel however you want. I thought he looked really good out there. Even in losses against two highly ranked wrestlers in Price and Skudlarczyk, he showed a lot of skill. I think there's a good chance that he qualifies for nationals this year as a true freshman. I'm routing for him; I hope graduates an all-American and goes home to coach somewhere.
    That’s great but I’ll take the RS sophomore over the true freshman for the fact that he won and he’s 1 year older eligibility wise. I’m glad that March was smart enough to see this and chose to go to a place where he had a great path to starting. I wish some of these other guys would see this instead of sitting at a big ten or other top school for 3 years before starting. That said I’m glad Hahn didn’t throw that much money at March.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by KSjack View Post

That’s great but I’ll take the RS sophomore over the true freshman for the fact that he won and he’s 1 year older eligibility wise. I’m glad that March was smart enough to see this and chose to go to a place where he had a great path to starting. I wish some of these other guys would see this instead of sitting at a big ten or other top school for 3 years before starting. That said I’m glad Hahn didn’t throw that much money at March.

My thinking has always been that Price isn't long for 133. He started his careen at 141 and I think he finishes in either at 141 or 149. Pre-COVID, it made a lot of sense to redshirt March and let Price move up next year while March slots in. If we had gotten March, I think that would have been the plan. When it's all said and done, I can be certain who will be remembered as the better wrestler, but a line-up with both is definitely better than a line-up with either one.

Comment

Originally posted by KSjack View Post

As a Vikings fan this pains me to say but remember what Aaron Rodgers once said,” Just breath”. It’s literally week 2. Do you want to be relevant in the beginning of the season or the end? Slow starts happen!! Casperson marko price and vega will be fine!! Cool will recover!

I think we agree on this.

Comment

Originally posted by TheWombat View Post
          I think it's plane to see that, in both duals and in the extra matches, the jacks looked very much diminished from what we are used to seeing from them. We all know what these wrestlers look like when they're optimally prepared and this isn't it. Unfortunately, SDSU joins teams like Minnesota, Oregon State, Kent State, and others as teams whose early seasons are diminished by COVID and the limitations that it presents. I don't think anybody it looking forward to seeing this team try to take on a very sharp Northern Colorado team at altitude next week. I trust the system, and I do believe that they will be ready for the post season, but this is going to be a very tough few weeks and I'm mentally preparing myself for what that means for me as a fan.
          Probably one of the funniest moments of the year during the NDSU dual when Metz was trying to lock up Wolters to throw him and all 4 NDSU coaches were yelling and waving their arms to not throw Wolters. Metz just loves to throw people
          "This is your life and it's ending one minute at a time." -Tyler Durden

Comment

No panic from this guy but we look soft. Gotta toughen up and put an edge on. If I were a betting man I'd put a nice wager on some changes coming from the top down.

Comment

Hmm.... Maybe we'll see Tanner Cook back soon
              https://twitter.com/tcook567/status/...961671683?s=21

Comment

Outside of the strange loss from Price, everyone pretty much met expectations today. I would love to see DeVos start scoring more bonus points, but his win over #18 Wright was a solid all the way through. Jordan seemed to have out performed Vega today; he might just be the guy going forward. https://theguillotine.com/2021/01/so...14/#more-98585

Comment

One obviously can't completely project from one weekend of wrestling, and I would have loved to have a SD kid like Cooper Voorhees on our team vs. him wrestling for Wyoming, but RS Freshman Cade Devos defeated him by technical fall and our true freshman from Iowa, Jack Thomsen, defeated Voorhees 12-7 as well. So while an argument can be made that we should still be prioritizing the best kids from SD, an argument can also be made that the talent we are getting is likely better.
                  "I'd like to thank the good Lord for making me a Yankee." - Joe D.

Comment

Zach Price has had some weird losses and some great wins this year. Such an enigma. Glad to see Tanner Sloan is turning guys again and hasn't been wrestling down to competition. Is Tanner Cook coming back this year at all? I think Tanner Jordan's been the guy since Vega lost 3 straight matches in Frost. Wasn't able to watch but is Damion Hahn back?

Comment

Hahn is back.

Comment

2 men amongst boys out there at this event. Obviously Tanner Sloan and also Wyatt Hendrickson, the Freshman heavy weight from Air Force. I watched just about every match on the day, these are the only 2 I recall being on a totally different level than the rest of the competition.

Comment

Hahn just said on the Zoom Jackrabbit Roundup that Tanner Cook has had Covid, broken an ankle, and had a rib injury. He also spoke about how the protocols have effected everyone differently. Stopped short of saying his situation is similar to Noah Friedel's but it's not a stretch to think that's part of the reason we haven't seen him.

Sounds like he will be back and just a perfect storm of issues that kept him off the mat this year.

Comment

Working...
                          X