No announcement yet.

2020-2021 season

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If you don't have FloWrestling, you're not missing much so far in this first dual. It's going about as well as the Missouri dual last weekend. 3 pins for UNI in the first six matches.

Comment

Originally posted by Southeast View Post
      If you don't have FloWrestling, you're not missing much so far in this first dual. It's going about as well as the Missouri dual last weekend. 3 pins for UNI in the first six matches.
      Vega didn't shoot the last minute while down 1, Price was beating his guy for most the match but gave up a TD on 3rd and got stuck. Marko got stuck on a headlock while up. Not very good wrestling/decision making from them
      Last edited by witness; 01-10-2021, 04:38 PM.
      "This is your life and it's ending one minute at a time." -Tyler Durden

Comment

Vega not wrestling well at all today. Just lost in the individual match to the UNI 125 backup. Also chucked his headgear at the wall when he went to the tunnel

Comment

I think I'm comfortable saying that every member of the team underperformed during that last dual. I think there might be something systemically wrong here. NDSU should provide another data point, let's see how they bounce back.

Comment

Originally posted by bigticket1 View Post

Probably not a good sign when you get a tweet that a Jack has scored early, and the next tweet is about the next match.
            That’s right. They normally give constant updates during the match and then the result. Not sure why today is different. Maybe shorthanded due to covid.

Comment

So is Tanner Cook even in the building ?

Comment

So is Tanner Cook even in the building ?
                Somebody in the crowd said he has a rib injury fwiw and no I don't think I saw him

Comment

Originally posted by witness View Post

Somebody in the crowd said he has a rib injury fwiw and no I don't think I saw him
                  Didn't know if it was injury or COVID. Is Hahn back ?

Comment

Didn't know if it was injury or COVID. Is Hahn back ?
                    Nope. Cody was coaching again today

Comment

So are we still supposed to be mad that we didn’t get March?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Tanner Sloan and Cody Caldwell discuss the duals https://youtu.be/_9nvqoE7vWs

Comment

Zero questions about Tanner Cook and why Danny Vega wasn't dressed for the final dual after going 0-2 today. Ridiculous

Comment

Originally posted by KSjack View Post
                            So are we still supposed to be mad that we didn’t get March?

You can feel however you want. I thought he looked really good out there. Even in losses against two highly ranked wrestlers in Price and Skudlarczyk, he showed a lot of skill. I think there's a good chance that he qualifies for nationals this year as a true freshman. I'm routing for him; I hope graduates an all-American and goes home to coach somewhere.

Comment

I think it's plane to see that, in both duals and in the extra matches, the jacks looked very much diminished from what we are used to seeing from them. We all know what these wrestlers look like when they're optimally prepared and this isn't it. Unfortunately, SDSU joins teams like Minnesota, Oregon State, Kent State, and others as teams whose early seasons are diminished by COVID and the limitations that it presents. I don't think anybody it looking forward to seeing this team try to take on a very sharp Northern Colorado team at altitude next week. I trust the system, and I do believe that they will be ready for the post season, but this is going to be a very tough few weeks and I'm mentally preparing myself for what that means for me as a fan.

Comment

Originally posted by TheWombat View Post
                                I think it's plane to see that, in both duals and in the extra matches, the jacks looked very much diminished from what we are used to seeing from them. We all know what these wrestlers look like when they're optimally prepared and this isn't it. Unfortunately, SDSU joins teams like Minnesota, Oregon State, Kent State, and others as teams whose early seasons are diminished by COVID and the limitations that it presents. I don't think anybody it looking forward to seeing this team try to take on a very sharp Northern Colorado team at altitude next week. I trust the system, and I do believe that they will be ready for the post season, but this is going to be a very tough few weeks and I'm mentally preparing myself for what that means for me as a fan.
                                As a Vikings fan this pains me to say but remember what Aaron Rodgers once said,” Just breath”. It’s literally week 2. Do you want to be relevant in the beginning of the season or the end? Slow starts happen!! Casperson marko price and vega will be fine!! Cool will recover!

Comment

Working...
                                X