U23’s & Juniors

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• U23’s & Juniors

Most of the Jackrabbit squad will be competing today through Sunday in Omaha. Greco Roman is competing today only, freestyle is Saturday & Sunday. Streaming & Brackets are available on Flowrestling.

Rylee Molitor finished 3rd and Clay Carlson finished 5th at 63kg for U23 Greco. Spencer Trenary is in the finals for 130kg Junior Greco
    "This is your life and it's ending one minute at a time." -Tyler Durden

Comment

Caleb Gross was 7th at 60kg and Spencer Trenary won by fall to win 130kg for UWW Juniors for Greco

Comment

Tanner Sloan beat Noah Adams 10-9 to win the U23 title

Comment

Is it me or was Cade King looking much more improved from last season. Granted folkstyle and he had some tough competition in Big12, but I was impressed with how he wrestled this weekend.

Comment

Great performances by our jacks!

Comment

U23 freestyle:
              Danny Vega placed 2nd at 57kg
              Clay Carlson was 6th at 65kg
              Tanner Sloan won 97kg

Junior freestyle:
              Daniel Kimball finished 8th at 61kg
              Cade Devos placed 2nd at 74kg
              Cade King was 6th at 79kg
              Spencer Trenary placed 3rd at 125kg

Comment

Originally posted by Northernjackrabbit View Post
                Is it me or was Cade King looking much more improved from last season. Granted folkstyle and he had some tough competition in Big12, but I was impressed with how he wrestled this weekend.
                Great to see, really not that surprising though, this has a tendency to happen to true freshman that start out of the gate, during the summer they make huge leaps because they can just focus on getting better

Comment

Originally posted by witness View Post
                  U23 freestyle:
                  Danny Vega placed 2nd at 57kg
                  Clay Carlson was 6th at 65kg
                  Tanner Sloan won 97kg

Junior freestyle:
                  Daniel Kimball finished 8th at 61kg
                  Cade Devos placed 2nd at 74kg
                  Cade King was 6th at 79kg
                  Spencer Trenary placed 3rd at 125kg
                  There are what? Two or three big-boarders in this group? The jacks have a very good coaching staff that can find guys like Tanner Sloan and Dan Kimball and make them into relevant wrestlers who can make an impact on the national level. Most of these guys didn't place at Fargo in high school and now they're freestyle All-Americans at the junior or U-23 level.

Comment

Went down to the event in Omaha. Jacks had quite a few followers attend the tournament. I can say that I did not see one wrestler that did not jump levels from last year. I second the feeling about the coaching staff, they are doing a great job with these guys and I the wrestlers are all in. Going to be a fun year! Scratch that, fun future!

Support the JWC and it's events, because without that we wouldn't see this progress and they wouldn't have the funds to attend.

Comment

Originally posted by Northernjackrabbit View Post
                      I thought they all looked good but Cade proved something to me. He is a grinder. Nice to see him compete like he did. As you said that was a tough Big 12 last year.

Comment

Originally posted by stchrist View Post

I thought they all looked good but Cade proved something to me. He is a grinder. Nice to see him compete like he did. As you said that was a tough Big 12 last year.
                        I remember giving Hahn some crap before one of the duals last year if they were ever going to let Cade wrestle someone not ranked, he smiled and said he easily had the toughest Big 12 schedule of anyone on the team and for a true freshman that is asking a lot, that kid is tough as nails, anyone that is a true freshman and faces the level of competition that he did every week and can still come out with fire and wrestle hard is a very gritty individual

Comment

Working...
                        X