Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Huuge pin by Carlson

Comment

Carlson pulls up a last second elevator for the come from behind pin over Rea.

Comment

Price still in it because of the number of allocations.

*Now Price is done.

Comment

Here's what we're looking at for qualifiers at the moment

125: Vega is probably out
          133: Price is out
          141: Carlson has to either beat Hone or beat the lose of Dreogenmueller and Blockhus
          149: Pohlmeyer is in
          157: Smith is out
          165: Cook has to beat Kemp
          174: King is out
          184: Carlson is in
          197: Sloan is in
          285: Wolters has to beat Metz

So Pohlmeyer, Carlson, and Sloan are locked in for nationals, and, between placement and at-large bids, I think we can get at least two between Carlson, Cook, and Wolters. I'm not totally sure on how at-large bids are distributed, but I would think that Vega would be out of the running with a 7th place finish.

Comment

Hope Vega can get an at large based on being ranked and some of his wins he had over ranked people. Not sure exactly how they figure the at large selections either, but I'll be in the Twin cities to root whomever else we can get!!!

Comment

2 pins today for Cook to take 3rd. Simply mesmerizing how he does it.

he is one of the scariest wrestles around. He can beat anyone.

Comment

Originally posted by UWMandSDSU View Post
                2 pins today for Cook to take 3rd. Simply mesmerizing how he does it.

he is one of the scariest wrestles around. He can beat anyone.
                Just think, these are people who have wrestled him before and game-planned for him. They're not going to see him coming at nationals.

Comment

Qualifier update:

125: Vega will likely not get an at large bid
                  141: Carlson will likely get an at large bid
                  165: Cook is in
                  285: Wolters could get an at large big

We have four in already. I think Carlson is an obvious choice for an at large bid. There could be a case made for Vega or Wolters, but it might be a tough sell. I'd love to see criteria for how those are selected. They are apparently distributing them on the 11th.

Comment

Originally posted by TheWombat View Post
                    Qualifier update:

125: Vega will likely not get an at large bid
                    141: Carlson will likely get an at large bid
                    165: Cook is in
                    285: Wolters could get an at large big

We have four in already. I think Carlson is an obvious choice for an at large bid. There could be a case made for Vega or Wolters, but it might be a tough sell. I'd love to see criteria for how those are selected. They are apparently distributing them on the 11th.
                    Even though they all lost in the finals, they looked pretty good. All 3 could AA and Cook is going to surprise somebody at NCAAs.

At large is based on head-to-head competition, quality wins, coaches' ranking, results against common opponents, RPI, qualifying event placement, and winning percentage.
                    "This is your life and it's ending one minute at a time." -Tyler Durden

Comment

I’m hopeful we get one more between Clay or Vega or Wolters, I’m thinking we get 2 more with Carlson and Vega or we get zero at large bids

Comment

I was out working cows (hick SDSU guy I know), but how did the finalists and Cook wrestle? Thought Carlson had a chance, but looked like he fell short. What a tourney for the Jacks, smoked most of our competition. We are close to being a top B12 program, B12 is now the 2nd best conference in wrestling. Great to see.

Comment

Originally posted by AZjack View Post
                          I was out working cows (hick SDSU guy I know), but how did the finalists and Cook wrestle? Thought Carlson had a chance, but looked like he fell short. What a tourney for the Jacks, smoked most of our competition. We are close to being a top B12 program, B12 is now the 2nd best conference in wrestling. Great to see.
                          Pohlmeyer wrestled a decent match until he took a terrible shot in the third. Took Boo down a couple takedowns in the first but it was all Boo on the feet and on top after that. Sloan looked okay but he's also wrestling the #2 guy in the nation and had trouble getting out for bottom. Carlson looked pretty good against the #1 guy with a couple first period takedowns
                          "This is your life and it's ending one minute at a time." -Tyler Durden

Comment

Originally posted by AZjack View Post
                            Henry vs. Boo was an entertaining match but came up short vs the #1 guy in the country. Zach wrestled tremendous all tournament. Came close to upsetting Lujan in the finals, another entertaining match. Sloan got dominated in his finals mat. Got taken down after a crazy scramble in the first and Adams rode him out much of the match. For whatever reason Sloan struggles in bottom position, definitely needs to work on that in the off-season as a few of his loses have simply been from opponents get top position on him and riding him out.

Didn't realize HWT had 7 allocations, good for Blake to at least sniff a berth, tho i doubt he gets a wildcard slot. Vega dropping to 7th most likely eliminates him from NCAA's. Clay has an outside shot at a Wildcard Slot.

Comment

Originally posted by MNJack3 View Post

Henry vs. Boo was an entertaining match but came up short vs the #1 guy in the country. Zach wrestled tremendous all tournament. Came close to upsetting Lujan in the finals, another entertaining match. Sloan got dominated in his finals mat. Got taken down after a crazy scramble in the first and Adams rode him out much of the match. For whatever reason Sloan struggles in bottom position, definitely needs to work on that in the off-season as a few of his loses have simply been from opponents get top position on him and riding him out.

Didn't realize HWT had 7 allocations, good for Blake to at least sniff a berth, tho i doubt he gets a wildcard slot. Vega dropping to 7th most likely eliminates him from NCAA's. Clay has an outside shot at a Wildcard Slot.
                              Boo Lewallen is not rated #1 in the country. He was for a very short time around the time we wrestled OSU down there.

Comment

Doesn’t look very promising the team gets any additional at large bids. 125 is a mess-9 of the overall allocations were taken by wrestlers who didn’t earn a bid. 5 at 141 and 4 at HWT.
                                https://wrestlingbypirate.wordpress.com

Comment

Working...
                                X