Conference Wrestling Allocations

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Conference Wrestling Allocations

FloWrestling just put out their projected conference allocations for the automatic bids at conference tournaments. Big 12 rankings from Flo are a couple weeks old but I'll use them to see how SDSU wrestlers stack up. If you don't get an automatic bid, there are a limited amount of wild card slots per weight. NCAA will release the official allocations Feb 27

125: 4 bids and Vega is currently ranked #3 in Big 12 at 125
    133: 7 bids and Price is ranked #11 in Big 12
    141: 5 bids and Clay Carlson is ranked #8
    149: 5 bids and Henry is #3
    157: 5 bids and who knows who's wrestling here for SDSU
    165: 4 bids and Cook is #4
    174: 5 bids and King is #12
    184: 5 bids and Carlson is #3
    197: 7 bids and Sloan is #2
    HWT: 7 bids and Wolters is #10

https://www.flowrestling.org/article...on-projections
    "This is your life and it's ending one minute at a time." -Tyler Durden

Originally posted by witness View Post
    FloWrestling just put out their projected conference allocations for the automatic bids at conference tournaments. Big 12 rankings from Flo are a couple weeks old but I'll use them to see how SDSU wrestlers stack up. If you don't get an automatic bid, there are a limited amount of wild card slots per weight. NCAA will release the official allocations Feb 27

125: 4 bids and Vega is currently ranked #3 in Big 12 at 125
    133: 7 bids and Price is ranked #11 in Big 12
    141: 5 bids and Clay Carlson is ranked #8
    149: 5 bids and Henry is #3
    157: 5 bids and who knows who's wrestling here for SDSU
    165: 4 bids and Cook is #4
    174: 5 bids and King is #12
    184: 5 bids and Carlson is #3
    197: 7 bids and Sloan is #2
    HWT: 7 bids and Wolters is #10

https://www.flowrestling.org/article...on-projections
    It'll be interesting who get's the nod at 157lbs as that has been a question mark all year. If Colten can't go i would guess Peyton as he seems to be Hahn's regular choice for recent duels.

I hope Hahn is only bumping Cook up to 174lbs for match-up purposes in recent Duals as I would rather see him wrestle at 165lb at Big XII's. 174lb is deeper and more talented. Plus I'd like to see Tanner get a rematch with Wittlake & also throw Fogerty to his back and stick him!

Comment

NCAA has officially released their allocations

125: 4 bids
      133: 8 bids
      141: 5 bids
      149: 5 bids
      157: 5 bids
      165: 4 bids
      174: 5 bids
      184: 5 bids
      197: 6 bids
      HWT: 7 bids

Comment

Originally posted by MNJack3 View Post

It'll be interesting who get's the nod at 157lbs as that has been a question mark all year. If Colten can't go i would guess Peyton as he seems to be Hahn's regular choice for recent duels.

I hope Hahn is only bumping Cook up to 174lbs for match-up purposes in recent Duals as I would rather see him wrestle at 165lb at Big XII's. 174lb is deeper and more talented. Plus I'd like to see Tanner get a rematch with Wittlake & also throw Fogerty to his back and stick him!
        Hahn is definitely only bumping Cook up the last 2 duals to help win the dual. If Cook stayed at 174, he couldn't get a wild card spot if he didn't place top 4 and if he did get an automatic bid, he would probably draw the #1 ranked guy first round if he did.

Comment

Working...
        X